Honey-glazed salmon

melville88
melville88 Posts: 137
edited September 20 in Recipes
Per fillet:

1 salmon fillet
1 tsp of clear honey (agave nectar would probably work too)
1 tsp soy sauce
A pinch of powdered ginger or 1/4 tsp of ginger puree
1 small clove of garlic or 1/2 large clove
A pinch of chilli powder (if desired, I thought it tasted better with a pinch of chilli)

Mix together the honey, soy, ginger, garlic and chilli powder.

Place your salmon fillet onto greaseproof paper on a non-stick baking tray. Make diagonal milimetre deep slits in the surface of your fillet so that the glaze can penetrate it.

Spread the mixture over the salmon fillet. If any slides down the sides of the salmon and onto the tray, try your best to spoon it back onto the salmon or wipe it away as otherwise during cooking this will burn (and you will be scrubbing your non-stick tray for a long time).

Cook as you would normally bake salmon, I would give precise cooking details but it depends on the size of your salmon fillet. I used a 3 oz piece and cooked it on 185 degrees for about 15 minutes.

For a 3 oz fillet as directed nutritional information is: 182 calories, 7 grams of fat (although, all from the salmon), 4 grams of carbohydrate, 22 grams of protein.

I served mine with some baby leaf salad, honey and mustard dressing (balsamic would go well) and a chopped up pear. Yum! It also looks great so would be a nice thing to have at a dinner party xxx

Replies

• kawade80
    kawade80 Posts: 44
    Sounds awesome. Thanks for posting.
  • melville88
    thats ok! xxx
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Yummm... will have to try this one tomorrow night... thx
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sounds delicious...good recipe to try....trying to eat more Salmon
  • MKWells
    MKWells Posts: 1
    Great recipe! I'm eating salmon all most 2-3 times per week and needed something new!
    Thanks!
    MK
  • melville88
    yeah I eat salmon quite a lot too, I love it but sometimes it can be a bit plain. Hope you like this recipe, let me know what you think if you get chance! x
  • kenya84
    kenya84 Posts: 41
    I will be making this for dinner!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Bump for later.
This discussion has been closed.