Thought I'd check in here

Hey Everyone! I've been using myfitnesspal for a while now. I started back in September (actually the 12th. Crazy stuff). and my weight was 247.3 lbs which had dropped about 5 lbs the two days before I found myfitnesspal for my recording. I'm about 5'11" and a 20 year old male. So I'm making pretty good progress as yesterday I weighed in at 212.7. So that's 35-40 lbs in 4 months! Pretty steady progress and i'm still eating all the crazy junk I like (pizza rolls, occasionally eating out) just less and less often. I think the biggest changes I've made is in regards to soda since I only drink diet now and that saves so many calories. The other thing is how much I eat. I'm not sure when but I can't eat nearly as much in one sitting as I used to be able to. I only ever eat half of what I get when I go out to eat anywhere and it's almost always filling for the meal. If I eat everything I'm so full it's actually a bit painful. Anyway, I'm feeling good and I still plan to loose a good amount more but I thought maybe talking about this stuff with other people would make things more interesting and hopefully easier. So how are things going for you all?

Replies

• sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Congrats on your progress! Are you exercising as well? I barely ever eat anything pizza wise although I LOVE pizza... barely eat anything dairy since my change of lifestyle actually so you're lucky in some sense to be able to eat junk...fruit and veggies taste so much better to me now though! I'm 129.6 lbs down and seeing if I could get another 10.4 lbs down at the VERY most, but I'd be happy with simply getting the 0.4lbs off or gaining a couple pounds back in muscle from weight lifting/body sculpting.
  • That's pretty incredible! Actually I barely do anything hahaha XD I play a ton of video games, do online schooling and watch a lot of shows. I know exercising would help me loose weight faster as well as tone myself but finding the will for that is so difficult. If I was going to do anything I'd probably have to do it though some type of sport like playing racquetball on base. The biggest problem there is finding people to come with. I agree that veggies are tasting better though! Definitely not expected but it's a welcome occurrence.
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    When I was over 220ish pounds I felt it was easy to lose weight without much exercise, but it will probably hit you right around the 200 lbs mark where you won't get much result wise without it! I love your honesty about video games and show watching...funny how I watch more shows now than I did when obese... having plenty of trouble playing my Wii/Xbox/Playstation 3 games or watching movies due to a much worse attention span/need to be physically active nature these days :-)

In the very beginning I was afraid to go to a gym alone, but after about a month, I started preferring to work out alone since I got more accomplished.
  • Yeah, I have little doubt that'll happen >_< though I've been losing about 2 lbs a week pretty steadily so long as I don't let myself gorge one day (ugh... Christmas and New Years made for a nasty combo. I'm shocked I even managed to stay the same then.). Well hopefully I'll never lose interest in video games because I'm majoring in Video Game Design hahaha. But almost all professional video game players are incredibly healthy so I'm not too worried =D

That makes sense. I don't know if I'll ever like working out as the activity though. I can see enjoying swimming for fitness or walking/biking around town. I don't know, I suppose I can't knock it since I haven't tried it. I'll probably be more comfortable with the idea once I've lost more weight and don't feel embarrassed about how I look as much too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!