Glamorous Workout?

Options
So, this is probably going to sound crazy haha :blushing:

Basically, I am a really weak-minded person when it comes to losing weight. I have so much motivation on mornings but it's completely gone by late-afternoon and I'm just sat there eating junk food again!

I've tried workouts but I always get bored of them. I'm wondering if anyone knows any 'glamorous' workouts? I mean ones that are led by female(s) in false eyelashes! I've found a couple but the workouts are rubbish. Are there any really good ones out there?

......... I know this is probably a strange question! :ohwell:

Thanks!

(Also, any fitness buddies please add me so we can motivate each other!) :flowerforyou: <3

Replies

• fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You can make anything glamorous (wear sexy outfits to zumba!), but strip aerobics, pole dancing are especially designed that way. Could always install a pole in your place for at home workouts of every variety too ;)
  • Lollops
    Lollops Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do pole dancing but I'd be scared of the pole breaking or ruining my floor/roof (I'm in a rental!). I'm not confident enough to go to classes yet either! <3
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Blogilates! Look it up on YouTube, very fun. And I agree on wdearing a sexy outfit!
  • Lollops
    Options
    OMG! I love Blogilates! I just looked her up and she's so awesome! I've added loads of her videos to my workout playlist! Thank you! <3
  • Lollops
    Options
    Does anyone know anyone else like the 'Blogilates' girl? She's fabulous and very motivating! :flowerforyou: <3
  • Gkauf30755
    Options
    Carmen Electra does a series of short strip tease workouts. They're fun.
  • Lollops
    Options
    I think I've seen those Carmen Electra 'workouts'...... I remember them being quite rubbish though. I'll look them up though, just in case I'm remembering it wrong! Thank you! <3
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    umm cassey ho has some good ones.

corset cinching workout, high heels workout, ballerina workout.

oh someone already mentioned her! she's wonderful, keeps me giggling while in pain :P
  • Try a BUTI yoga class.
  • ryanemsmom
    ryanemsmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What about a Burlesque workout? I found quite a few video's on Amazon, I am sure there would be lots on youtube as well.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Not a strange question at all! I love my local spinning/barre studio because it has a touch of glamour (fresh roses in the lobby, luxurious toiletries in the bathrooms, stylish instructors). It motivates me a lot more than a sweaty gym ever would.
  • HJMAYES
    HJMAYES Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I never even knew this was possible. Most likely because when I work out my face turns a ghastly shade of red, I have sweat everywhere, including my eyebrows and fingernails, and I'm roasting like it's Death Valley up in there.
    If someone put a thong on me and told me to do all that in high heels I would make us all be sure the lights is OFF. :laugh:
    I'm going to google a couple of these just to see what's up. :)
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've attended a few stripperobic classes and you have nothing to worry about! It's just like the gym, all levels of fitness, all shapes and sizes. Where I go offers 2 different classes, one is pole and the other is floor/chair.
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I made a thread on this just today but I am considering starting to learn how to hula hoop. I think it looks so amazing and sexy and its supposed to be a great work out!

Check out hoopnotica...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDUegb4s4UQ

http://www.youtube.com/user/hoopnotica

The only other thing I can think of is something like belly dancing or burlesque but its all about personal preference but they're are plenty of sexy ways to work out and the bonus of picking something like pole dancing or hula hooping is you not only get fit and loose weight but you learn a new skill/talent these are the type of work outs I am into because of this!
  • nicolamoonbrains
    Options
    Oh yes! Someone mentioned ballet work outs they look great but very tough! The Element: Ballet Conditioning DVD looks really great.
  • Lollops
    Options
    Thanks for all the fantastic suggestions! I'm going to be looking up a lot of these! I would love to try burlesque, but the only people I've seen doing it are actually quite fat so I didn't think it would inspire me much! I'm obviously wrong though, I don't know much about it at all!

Hahahaha hoola-hooping looks so silly >_< but I've heard it's great for a slim waist! I want to try it too! I'm going on Ebay to get a hoop now haha

Thanks again! <3
  • nicolamoonbrains
    Options
    Hula hooping looks gorgeous :) I would love to get this good HA... in my dreams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz-V0jHzbtg

Be sure to get a weighted hoop! Heavier hoops are supposed to be best for beginners and weight loss. I got a hoop that weighs 1.2kg and is padded with foam so its "less" painful. You can get ones with bumps and stuff on them but they look painful to me. Bruising is also common to begin with.

I know what you mean about the burlesque (I love curvy burlesque dancers though don't get me wrong!). I guess in its traditional form its quite low impact but I am sure they're are DVD's available that are much more sweaty and more just like a cardio strip tease.