Challenges!

Options
I'm curious as to what your biggest challenges were when you were losing weight, and even now (if you have lost the weight).
I'd like to start by saying that my biggest challenge was overcoming my embarassement whilst at the gym/out running etc'...
Look forward to hearing back! :D

Replies

• missjulyy91
    missjulyy91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love food lol I come from a big family who likes to cook as do I! My biggest thing to overcome is not giving into my surroundings I guess I just have really bad will power..and I like to be lazy..just being honest. I can set my mind to something as I'm doing now I went cold turkey eating ALL healthy (well as best I can) and working out faithfully every day. All though this is my first week back on my WL journey I'm doing great and I'm ready for change but those delicious homemade foods need to stay away from me: )
  • guildgut
    Options
    Wow, that sounds like a black-hole of temptation. :S
    Best of luck with your WL journey, it pays off eventually. :)
  • missjulyy91
    missjulyy91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Lol! It certainly is..doing good so far 4 pounds down at this mornings weigh in so it is most def. well on its way to paying off: )
  • daffyduck2012
    Options
    Giving up after not seeing the weight come off quick enough....
    but, i know it takes time so im back at it again!
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    At the moment my biggest challenge is that I'm suffering from depression. Actually I'll rephrase that - I'm recovering from depression, so for me leaving the house is a big issue. Motivation or that get up and go is lacking a lot at the moment.
    Also, I'm off work, which is making controlling my calories easy but I'm worried about going back to work but I'm sure I'll have a game plan by then.
    So far it's going we'll, 1 week in, lost 2lbs.
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    My biggest challenge is my willpower and giving into temptation. Even with my life on the line you would think that would be enough to keep me going. Why isn't it but the way I am looking at the journey this time is wanting to live. I'ts been a week for me and it's been a good week. So 1 pound at a time as someone on here said before. That to me has been the best advise To get through all the hirtles the support is helping me. I love when I see people say something positive on my wall.

Do you have any help for staying the course Guildgut??
  • Catlady87
    Options
    I think 1lb at a time is the best way to do it. That 1lb might take longer than some of the others or it might come along with a bunch if others.
    It's like me at the moment. I'm just taking life 1 day at a tie. It may be a good day or a bad day, but what ever it is I have to get on with it - or get through it!
  • guildgut
    Options
    Good luck Catlady, I hope only for the best. :)
    What you put in is what you get out.
  • Catlady87
    Options
    Thank you! I'm Hoping to go for a bike ride tomorrow and start the 100 day push up challenge.
    Once I get started I'm not too bad, but taking that first step s really really hard.
    Luckily the calorie thing is easy for me so I should still lose weight.
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    Biggest challenge is that my family doesn't like to eat healthy. If I cook a healthy meal, they won't eat it. So that's my struggle.
    As far as my body is concerned, I have my problem areas, but I'm hoping to fix them with exercising.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    id say that lettin a bad day/moment ruin everything i had worked for/towards. could b as simple as eatin all the cookies or chips or all the dinner and then bein miserable and givinn up. i still have bad day/moment and sometimes i still eat all the cookies or skip the gym. but i must say that for the most part i keep movin forward. i make it to the gym and workout.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!