Hi, I'm new here

Options
Wow this is terrific. I think keeping a diet and exercise log will help motivate me to lose weight.

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It truly works if you do it. I think you will like it here.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Yes this sight is awesome, if you use it and are fully honest...everything you eat you log and you will see results.

Because you will see just how much you normally overeat and will know what to do to cut back

Goodluck
  • jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It works! I have resisted food journaling for years, mainly out of laziness, and instead relied on fad diets and wishful thinking...I have gained and lost 100's of pounds, but have never been able to maintain...I love this, and I wish I had started years ago now...I am almost never hungry, and when I am, I know if I work out, I can eat those additional calories guilt-free...welcome aboard!
  • Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the board...
    Keeping track really helps me keep on track...and I really like everyone keeping me going....:wink:
  • trire
    trire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are SO right. This is such a good site. You can eat out and still find comparable dishes for the calories. I keep a hand written journal so that I have a quick reference, but this logs my calories, emotions and exercise. I like being to comment on my thoughts since I am an emotional eater. This way I can see what was happening at a glance - Success!
  • CinthiaF
    CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Welcome i am loving it here. I think you will too
  • stirling
    stirling Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey, Great first step...
    I have found this site to be life changing...
    I am no longer trying to loose weight but I use the site as the reminder of the choices I am making
    It does not take long to fill out and it has been a very good buddy in alerting me to what is not in my best interest.
    good luck
  • judytrow
    judytrow Posts: 1
    Options
    The really difficult thing for me is (for example) is if I eat at a buffet and have one of this and one of that, numerous small portions of large variety of food, very difficult to log. Also when portions are given in grams or ounces. But overall, journaling, counting calories is, by far, the best way to lose weight.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.....tracking my food has helped tremendously...it's amazing how much I was eating that I didn't even realize before. I wish you much success!!!
  • dixiemay
    dixiemay Posts: 4
    Options
    I love MFP! It seems to work for me! YAY!