How did this happen?!

Options
Hi everyone,

I was a MFP member for a couple months several years ago, but didn't really take it seriously. I'm 5'7" and weighed about 143 all through college and was happy with that. 3 years ago, I graduated and got married... and started to slowly gain. 6 months ago I weighed 150 and told myself I'd get back on track after the New Year. Well, time flew by like it does and I stepped on the scale to see a big old 160 staring back at me this week. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!

I eat pretty healthy already, I think my body is just changing now that I've hit 25. I want to exercise but my job and commute suck up tons of my time so I feel like it's a huge burden to have to work out when I finally get home instead of relaxing with my husband and eating dinner at a normal time. We're going to the beach on July 28th and I really don't want to spend the whole trip worrying about whether my love handles are hanging over my swimsuit. Haha. I also refuse to buy bigger jeans so I'm stuck wearing the same two pairs that still fit allll the time. AAAAA! :blushing:

Replies

• GunnyGirlTN
    GunnyGirlTN Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm sorry to hear about it! Has you been as active as you were years ago? That may have something to do with it?
  • mimi135
    mimi135 Posts: 6
    Options
    don't beat yourself up over the past.... Your back on MFP and ready to change!!! pat yourself on the back and get to work!!! good luck, I know you can do it!!!!!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day. You are getting in control! MFP has all of the tools you need. I remember the first few years after marriage. I began cooking regular meals (and enjoying them!) and spending more time at home, "nesting." You fall into a comfort zone with your spouse and one pound creeps up after another. You look down at the scale and one day in disbelief! Many of us have been there. Don't beat yourself up...you are doing the right thing...MFP is a proactive way of shaping up and being kind to yourself. You have the opportunity to form good habits that will help you live a long and healthy life! :flowerforyou:

Would you like to join the Skinny Wednesday Challenge with us? It is a one day challenge that can help you "get over the hump." Check it out here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/92331-skinny-wednesday-challenge

Good luck! :heart:
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have learned the hard way...........u have to monitor your weight all the time!!! Don't get really heavy like me because It is really hard to get off later. U will do fine tho.
  • meganmerritt
    meganmerritt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would suggest working out on your lunch break. Even taking 15 minutes to walk at lunch can add up if you do it 5 days a week. Fit exercise in where you can at work or find a sport you could play with your husband like tennis or golf. Maybe he could be your fitness partner and you could work out together which would allow you to spend time together and get in shape. Just some suggestions. Start small and I bet it will add up. Good luck!
  • Fry24
    Fry24 Posts: 21
    Options
    Finding time for exercise can be a huge challenge- but there are tons of ways to get in 10 or 15 minutes here and there. I found that walking up stairs for 10 minutes can burn 80 cal. TEN MINUTES! It gets my heart rate up, and if I jog up the flight in my house, and walk down for 10-20 minutes continuously a few times a day, I feel it that day and the next.

Good luck finding time here and there- I know it will make the difference.