Mexican Food - Healthy Options

Options
Am going out for mexican food tonight- what are the healthiest options for entrees? Thanks.

Replies

• Rachface13
    Rachface13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I went out last night for Mexican and chose a fiesta taco salad. It had lettuce, chicken, shrimp, tomato, cheese, and sour cream. I left off the sour cream but added black beans and salsa. I probably could have done without the black beans-- they were EXTREMELY salty. I also only allowed myself 2 chips (which I try to not eat at all). I will tell you, although I made a much smarter choice than I normally would have, I still left feeling a little bad about myself bc I'm working so hard, eating very clean food and I didn't want this to be a set back. I would encourage you to look up a similar menu (if that particular restaurant is local with no nutrition info) and have a game plan going in. Overall, you'll probably do ok by choosing salads without sour cream or even cheese for that matter, grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, fish, fajitas....anything that comes with steamed veggies instead of rice and refried beans. Good luck and stay strong! Its tough but trust me, you WILL feel like you're still eating Mexican food even if its a healthy option. ????