New Here :)

Options
first off, I have joined other sites like this one, but this one is very easy to use!

My name is Amanda, I like to go by Manda though. I'm unoffically married to a US Marine who is deployed :(

I have been overweight since I was about 12 and I'm 22 now so...since he's gone I decided a good way to keep myself sane was to tackle my weight. I've been doing alright by myself..I've lost 5 lbs all on my own, but i'm glad i found this site so I can track my calories very easily. I want to ultimatley reach a goal of 125 which is a healthy weight for my height and age :)

i figure if i lose 10 lbs every month then I'll get there within a year and hopefully I'll be close to my goal by the time he comes back home!!

Good luck to all of you and thanks for this site :0
Semper Fi!

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love it here! Wish I would have found it sooner!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My husband was deployed for a year and I got pretty fat that year. This is a great site!! Good luck!!
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    welcome, i just joined myself!! good luck and if you need support, you know where I am! :-)
  • SteelersfanChris
    Options
    Hi Manda. I'm brand new here too. Best of luck :-)
  • jsydnor64
    Options
    This is my second day on this site and I love it....Now to get my butt in gear and start exercising....

Keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • jlschaef
    jlschaef Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My fiance is in Army ROTC at college, and although he is not deployed yet, the days until he officially goes to training seem to narrow. I give you props for being so strong, and diet and exercise is a great, POSITIVE way to keep busy! He will also be pleasantly surprised by your new looks when he returns. :]

Good luck, and God bless!