For all new moms and dads!!

Options
Hey guys! I want to see all the expecting parents to comment on this post! As I am going to be expecting my first baby in march! Kindly nervous, yet excited. What drives you to maintain a healthy lifestyle while still having 100% of your attention to your newborn?:)

Replies

• Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I am due end of Feb/early March! I am a bit terrified and thrilled at the same time! My SO seems to be taking it pretty calmly, I've been the only one with freak outs so far. haha. For me, having a healthy lifestyle is about giving 100% to my child. If I eat healthy, she is also eating healthy. If I work out I keep my energy up and it prepares me for tireless motherhood! We will see how easy it will be for me to work out and eat clean once she gets here. :ohwell:
  • poc1919
    poc1919 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well congrats abOut the new babes :). You will be able to do this once she is born! What are your goals in all of this? ( FYI my wife is due march 15:))
  • kb_hess
    Options
    Congrats to both of you! I just had my little girl October 29th and let me tell you...your life will never be the same. I absolutely love her. She makes waking up everyday worth it so much more. If either of you have questions about anything, like what you truly need for the little one and day of delivery, let me know...I have learned so much in the last two months.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Well congrats abOut the new babes :). You will be able to do this once she is born! What are your goals in all of this? ( FYI my wife is due march 15:))

I'm due March 13th! (might be induced end of February). My goals so far have been to gain less than 30 lbs throughout my pregnancy, and to eat as healthy as I can. Sometimes I just cannot resist icecream... After I have the baby, my goals are to work out at least four days a week, eat 80% clean, and lose the baby weight by six months. The rest of the year is dedicated to losing the weight I hadn't gotten off before I became pregnant.
    As for none fitness goals, I want to be an awesome mom. Lol which I'm sure every new mom wants to be. I plan on taking plenty of pictures, going to a ton of fun places, and showing off my little bundle to everyone!
  • poc1919
    Options
    That sounds way awesome! Do you know what you're having yet?
  • Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I want to see all the expecting parents to comment on this post! As I am going to be expecting my first baby in march! Kindly nervous, yet excited. What drives you to maintain a healthy lifestyle while still having 100% of your attention to your newborn?:)
    Congrats on your baby!! Looks like you will be setting a great example for your child by making fitness a part of your lifestyle. I applaude you for being a great Daddy!!
  • poc1919
    Options
    Thanks bro! I can only imagine how much fun it will be to take the baby and do some curls with it( when it's older of course lol)
  • mmmnhmr
    mmmnhmr Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi - I had my little guy in May (he's 7 months now) and my husband and I found it really hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle for the first few months. We spent so much time trying to make sure his eating was going well (we had major issues with breastfeeding) we spent very little time thinking about what we were eating. Example, we would look at the clock and it would be 9:30pm and we hadn't even thought about dinner, so there ended up being a lot of frozen prepared food and take-out! Fitness was also difficult, I had worked out until the week before delivery but after we just didn't have the time and when we did have time, we wanted to spend it with the baby. I had an emergency c-section so even walking distances was difficult for the first few weeks.

Feel free to add me and ask anything! The first few weeks are rough but once you get that first smile (around 5-6 weeks) it makes a world of difference!
  • redheaded_dem
    redheaded_dem Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the new parents! I am not a new parent (have a 6 & 9 year old).

My only suggestion is to allow yourself to acclimate for a few months. Enjoy your baby and get sleep when you can :). After you are used to this strange new person who requires constant attention, and he/she gets into a routine, then work on you too. And, please, keep your expectations reasonable.

Good luck and congrats again!
  • poc1919
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's input on this. I can use all the help I can get:). Feel free to add me if you want some motivation( god knows that I'll need it once the little one is born:))
  • Megamus55
    Options
    Congrats!

I just had my 2nd in September so we have a busy house, my son is 2 now.

I will admit that we had a terrible time staying healthy for the first little while. over the last year I have gone and ruined any progress I had previously made. What I have come to realize is that while you are going to be a bit tired, and there is going to be a lot of new and exciting things going on, you just need to make a plan. planning meals was the biggest thing for us because if it wasnt planned then we ordered pizza at 10pm because we forgot to eat. not anymore. we plan out our meals for the week and shop on sunday, when we get home we cut up veggies and portion out meat so its ready to grab and go. i pull meat for dinner out of the freezer the night before when i feed my dog so we dont forget it. it all becomes habbit. we also found that when making meals that can be frozen afterward, double the recipie, and you will have dinner ready to go for the next week no prep required. Just being more efficient.

And now that my son is 2 he is at an age when i can do things with him, take him on walks, run around the park, I'm getting him on skates for the first time today!!! its a lot of fun being active with them.

good luck and enjoy!
  • bigbird1979
    bigbird1979 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I have a 5 month old son and life as I knew has changed. I love it but it's no longer about me. I focus on him. The first 6 weeks were tough. I had to have a c-section and that really is hard. It wasn't planned so I pushed and was so tired after. I didn't start working out again until last week. I would walk a little but now I can start to focus on me. I breast feed up until he was 4 months and that was very time consuming and stressful. I quit because he wasn't gaining enough weight. My supply was low and i tried everything to up it (oatmeal, fenugreek, water). He still doesn't sleep thru the night. Plus his wake up time is 5 oclock. But I wouldn't change it for anything. He's so fun to watch grow and his personality is just shining. Babies are truly a blessing. You'll love it.
  • Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks bro! I can only imagine how much fun it will be to take the baby and do some curls with it( when it's older of course lol)

Lmbo! Im sure the wifey would love that !