Options
I can't avoid carbs...THEY ARE EVERYWHERE
I need help.
Advice?

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to avoid them? Can't you just eat them in moderation?
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to avoid them?
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Don't avoid them. / end thread.
  • robiinhood
    robiinhood Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was told they are the reason I gained weight and they are extremely bad for you
    and that you should eat under 100 carbs a day
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    An excess of calories is why you gained weight, whether the excess cals come from bread or steak is irrelevant. Carbs are not bad for you, food intake should be fairly balanced so unless you have an allergy or intolerance to a particular food you don't have to avoid it.
  • Izabera
    Izabera Posts: 28
    Options
    Always do your own research then do whats best for you -)
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I was told they are the reason I gained weight and they are extremely bad for you

WRONG! Eating excess calories is what made you gain weight, no matter the form. Find your reasonable calorie deficit, eat that, eat carbs with it, and be happy!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

You gain weight because you overeat and or underexercise. Some types of carbs are bad for you, excessive carbs are bad for you, some carbs are very healthy indeed.

Under 100 grams a day is not that difficult - nine servings of low sugar fruits and non starchy vegetables (avoid stuff like bananas and sweetcorn), three servings of reduced fat dairy a day (traditional hard/ soft cheeses or plain yoghurt, avoid milk and processed cheese), plenty of nuts and seeds (avoid cashews), protein at every meal and snack (oily fish, lean meats, eggs), healthy fats little and often (nuts, seeds, avocado, olives, block creamed coconut, unsweetened cocoa powder).

Don't eat any ready made or processed crap, don't drink soda or sweetened hot drinks, avoid or limit beans, lentils, grains and potatoes - get your minerals and fibre from nuts and seeds. There are plenty of naturally low carb wholefoods, it's commercial foods that are full of carbs largely because starches are super cheap ingredients and sugars taste good to many people/ disguise the fact that manufacturers are using low quality ingredients.