a friend for the journey

Options
Hey,

I was hoping to meet a chatty friend, someone to really share with, share the journey. I'd like to lose about 100 more pounds and feel like it will take at least a year. I love MFP and would love to really get to know a few people who want to share the journey and all its ups and downs.

My name is Jessi, I have a mostly sit down job and 2 children (8 and 5), my hubby is a long haul truck driver so I feel like a single mom a lot, and I'm wanting to get healthy...

Replies

• brandyk40
    brandyk40 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessi! Feel free to add me, I would love to b your chatty friend. I am fairly new but I am on daily! I have 90ish pounds or so to lose. Love making new friends, helps hold you accountable!
  • jricht001
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that is looking to lose that kind of weight!!! Feel free to add me if you'd like, I am on here daily and although I just started this site, I was on another site and lost an over all of 16.5lbs in a matter of a few months (I didnt really try for a while there). Having people on here and even in "real life" that can help hold you accountable, is awesome! I know at least for me, I wont do it really if I just leave it up to my own thoughts. I'm just not that disciplined yet.
  • Patti1023
    Patti1023 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm just starting to really be more focused, I'd like to lose 60-80 lbs. I'll still be above the "perfect" weight for my height but I was happy at that weight so it's my current long term goal. If it seems realistic and achievable from there I can keep going.

I've been on MFP for about 6 months but have only used it sporadically, since last summer/fall I'm down some but it's been very slow going. I'm single (divorced, kids are grown) and I could use some friends to help motivate me and share ideas with, too :)
  • davidoneill1914
    davidoneill1914 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    hi add me if you like
  • kaitkur0804
    kaitkur0804 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I am starting to log on here everyday too. I really want to stick to my guns and reach my goal this year. I got careless around the holidays and I really don't want to slip again.
  • emmad2
    emmad2 Posts: 59
    Options
    Hiya :-) Feel free to add me. I'm very chatty - in fact I don't shut up lol :-) xx
  • wdjudge
    wdjudge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Please feel free to add me as a friend. I have a group of friends that all hold each other accountable, not just for the food diary, but for working out, and providing great recipe ideas for busy families.

Add me I as I have been there.. I am nearing 85 pounds lost total since college..!

wdjudge
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I just started myself. Feel free to add me
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty chatty myself when I can
  • LisaAvasNana
    LisaAvasNana Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I started MFP 1 week ago and met some very nice people. My saying is "We're on this journey together". We can never have too many friends to support and get support from. We'll all have our good and bad days and can help each other along the way.

Lisa
  • usmcgrl1
    usmcgrl1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    I too am new to MFP. i joined last year but never really used it. Unfortunealy I have regained my loss of 40 lbs. i have done this a few times and keep gaining it back. I am back to try this out and see how I do. this will be my first time joining in on a message board.
  • petitepiper
    petitepiper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi add me if you would like
  • runto130
    runto130 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Started a few days ago myself but I have been a member on MFP for a few years now. I have roughly 50 or so lbs to lose yet and would like some friends to share in this journey as well. My husband is an over the road driver as well and I have 4 kids (16, 15, 13, and 9) so I also feel like a single mom as well. Plus I have a full time job working in our local grade school. Feel free to add me! Good luck in your journey!
  • lakida
    lakida Posts: 2
    Options
    HI, I'm fairily new here but I've been on this get healthy thing for a while :) Feel free to add me.. and GOOD LUCK!
  • tfitz12
    tfitz12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me......always willing to give support and the extra motivation is great!
  • jocelinemmuise
    Options
    hi feel free to add me im also looking for a friend to help me through this journey.... :)