Replies

• VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    YES!

NO!

Mehbe?!

(I don't think so)

I changed my diet & one of those changes was increasing egg consumption. My triglycerides and LDL #s dropped & my HDL #s increased. Your mileage may vary.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I love the answers on this board. The yolk is where the all the nutrients are. Yay, for whole eggs. Thanks, all :drinker:
  • justme9717
    Options
    WOW! That's a LOT of information there! Thanks SO much guys now I don't need to worry about taking in 2 hard boiled eggs daily! :D Love y'all MFPians! <3
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Is it true that hard boiled eggs have too much of cholesterol? I didn't notice it till now but recently I started keeping a check on my cholesterol and sodium intake and it says that 2 hard boiled eggs have 424 mg (not sure about its unit) and my goal is of 300 mg. I generally eat 2 hard boiled eggs everyday after my workout or for dinner. Is it too bad for my health? Should I continue eating two large hard boiled eggs everyday or no? (I really love hard boiled eggs cause they are sort of stomach fulfilling and they help me to be under my calorie goal too) What should I do?

Saturated fats and types of carbs are more relevant than dietary cholesterol. Choose omega-enriched eggs which are from hens fed seeds instead of less healthy diets, DHA and EPA are beneficial for the whole cardiovascular system including cholesterol ratios. Only cut out whole eggs if your doctor or registered dietician advises you to.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol is a very hard to compute person for everyone, in terms of eating. It depends so much on genetics and other things.

I was a fat person all my life, eating whole dairies and many others. My cholesterol was low to medium all my life.
    I know skinny girls, eating low fat, no eggs with high cholesterol. Their body does not store fat, but it goes into the blood stream like crazy.
    At some point (before starting losing weight) I was 95 kg and had a 50 kg co-worker with twice my cholesterol. Half my size, twice my cholesterol!!

So if you made blood tests and cholesterol is not an issue, eat 2 eggs a day. Take regular blood tests and only if things go crazy with cholesterol change their diets.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Adding one more vote to the 'it's fine as long as you do not already have high cholesterol' sentiment.
    +1
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Eggs are very healthy. The whole egg. It's the good kind, and people think it's bad.
  • dominoid747
    dominoid747 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In the UK, you don't even see the amount of cholesterol listed on a food and I still find it strange to see and hear people talking about the amount of cholesterol in food rather than just looking at where the calories come from overall.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Most recent studies have pretty much debunked the myth that dietary cholesterol contributes to high LDL in the blood. If you are worried about LDL or are trying to lower your LDL through diet, it's much more important to watch your saturated fats and keep them below 15g per day on average (though I do splurge from time to time). It is also important to up your fiber...those two things will have significantly greater impact on LDL than restricting dietary cholesterol.