250 push ups/ Run a 3 miles challenge! (Week 1)

Options
Hey all! I know I am new here. But I am going to issue a challenge to anyone who is interested. So we can stay accountable and on track on fitness. So here is the weekly challenge. Write it down, put it on your mirror, save it on your phone, make it your wall paper on your PC as a reminder. Starts tomorrow and ends Saturday, 1/12/13. Post your results here. And if you don't reach the goal, just post what you accomplished, and if you exceed it, post that also.

250 pushups. However many sets it takes. You have the entire week to do them.

Run 3 miles, Outside, treadmill, track, wherever you can!

Let's go!!!!

Replies

• ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Kinda lonely on in this thread. Who's gonna join me? I am starting right now...You have to this Saterday to complete the challenge. Do the best you can. Who's in? I need some competition! :)
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm in if I can swap out the amounts :)

My goal is 100 push ups this week (currently do 80/week) and 7 miles on the treadmill (at about 6/week right now)
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    I'm in if I can swap out the amounts :)

My goal is 100 push ups this week (currently do 80/week) and 7 miles on the treadmill (at about 6/week right now)

Sure! Good luck on your challenge!
  • Ruxie
    Ruxie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll do it!!! Sounds good!!!
  • newcs
    Options
    Yesterday I did 10 pushups and 2.34miles

My plan is:
    Tuesday (today): 40 pushups, 0 miles
    Wednesday: 10 pushups, 2.33 miles
    Thursday: 40 pushups, 0 miles
    Friday: 2.33 miles

Total: 100 pushups and 7 miles

Hopefully this will help me stay accountable!

How's everyone else doing?
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    I am at 0.5 miles 50 pushups. Doing 50-75 more tonight.. 1 mile tomorrow with weight training. I have to boost my calories though as I am looking to gain muscle mass and add 10 pounds.
  • newcs
    Options
    Only managed 30 push ups today but hopefully I'll remember and do a few tonight

Total...
    Push-ups 40
    Mileage 2.34
  • newcs
    Options
    About to head to the gym but as of now:

Total...
    Push-ups 40
    Mileage 5.09

Hopefully I'll get 30-40 push ups in today!
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    I a at 1.5 miles and

200 pushups
    75 crunches (with 25 lbs resistance)
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    I thought of a fun idea! Everyone that participates in the weekly challenge and posts their results in this thread, I will draw one name by random and that person can pick the next weeks challenge and post it in a thread titled in the same fashion as this one. But with the current week and challenge description. Then at the end of that week, they would draw a name from that week's particpants and so on. You all like the idea?
  • newcs
    Options
    So I have a 1 in 3 shot at naming the next challenge? Score! Yeah I'm in lol. I goal set pretty much daily (I also have a list that I add long term goals too) so I like doing that sort of thing.

Here's my post-gym totals. Hitting the treadmill this afternoon.

Push-ups 70
    Mileage 5.09

I moved from incline push ups to full pushups after the first set...on the floor, lowering myself all the way down. Wow are those hard! I wish I'd never stopped doing them (I got to a decent # of consecutive pushups over the summer then stopped doing them). Can't do a full set of 10 yet but I managed to do sets of at least 6.

Does anyone use fitocracy? I've had it for months but just started logging my workouts so I can track my progress with weights, reps, etc. Seems pretty cool so far but definitely easier to use on the computer than the iphone app. You get points for your workout which is fun to level up. Not sure how they determine them though...I got a ton of points for some easier exercises and barely any for some killer exercises.
  • newcs
    Options
    Push-ups 70
    Mileage 8.2 (personal record!)

Gotta try to get some pushups in tonight or tomorrow morning but my shoulders are beat!
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    2 miles
    200 push ups
    50 crunches
  • newcs
    Options
    2 miles
    200 push ups
    50 crunches

I think we see where our respective strengths lie lol
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    hello! just joined beginning of the year. i'd like to get in on these challenges. keep me posted on when the new one will start. i've been lifting weights for a while now. just never really held myself accountable for what i ate. this site has helped me greatly. i've just added spinning...bought me a spin bike. going to start using my elliptical also. don't run much..but i've been trying to start. i workout at my house. so much more convenient than a gym, for me anyways. great work...for the both of you. thanks.
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    hello! just joined beginning of the year. i'd like to get in on these challenges. keep me posted on when the new one will start. i've been lifting weights for a while now. just never really held myself accountable for what i ate. this site has helped me greatly. i've just added spinning...bought me a spin bike. going to start using my elliptical also. don't run much..but i've been trying to start. i workout at my house. so much more convenient than a gym, for me anyways. great work...for the both of you. thanks.

Well you have the rest of tonight and tomorrow for this weeks challenge. YOu don't have to meet it. Just do the best you can. If you participate this week, you have a chance of choosing and posting the next weeks challenge. And then that person will pic from that weeks participants and so on. Just post your results here tomorrow on what you achieved in the challenge.

So far newcs is killin' it this week!
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    Here is my final result since I am talking today off.

2 miles on treadmill
    200 pushups
    90 crunches

Also, everyone that wants to participate in this weeks challenge still can through today end at 1159pm EST. All that participate will be able to have a chance to be selected to choose next weeks challenge. See my 1st message in this thread for the challenge. You don't have to meet it. You can, you can beat it. Just do your best.
  • kvh_1fan
    kvh_1fan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just saw this today, but I'd be in for next weeks challenge. I'm not much of a runner if that is included but it may be good to mix it up a little bit. I'll check back here for when the new one gets posted.
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    I'll do it!!! Sounds good!!!

How is the challenge going for you this week? Share with us! :)
  • tinfoilforests
    Options
    I'll jump in for next week, can't ever turn down a challenge.