Not that I expected support from the guy, but damn!!!!!

Options
After dinner tonight I went to a buddy's house. When I got there I saw there was a guy that I just plain don't like, and now, even moreso. My buddy's wife commented that it looked like maybe I had lost some weight ( YESSSSSS !, even if I still have 90+ to go ).... and the guy says, after we were talking weight loss "Well, you're 100 pounds overweight, so obviously you don't know what a portion size is."

I'm not a PC kind of person, but I don't hurt people's feelings - not that this guy hurt mine, but I can't wait for the day when it actually becomes unPC to say stuff like that...... It seems that fat people are still OK to have a target on their bellies....

But even more than his comment being unPC, it really showed his ignorance. I bet most fat people know what a portion is regardless of their size.

Replies

• weestinger
    Options
    first of all i hate and dont use the "F" word (fat) its most always meant in a mean and nasty way, I prefer large or heavy or overweight, next I would have put a huge smile on my face and pointed my smile at him knowing that someday karma is gonna come down and bite him in the butt....that would make me smile all nite long!!!
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    first of all i hate and dont use the "F" word (fat) its most always meant in a mean and nasty way, I prefer large or heavy or overweight, next I would have put a huge smile on my face and pointed my smile at him knowing that someday karma is gonna come down and bite him in the butt....that would make me smile all nite long!!!

I can't sugar coat it, even when talking about myself.... fat is fat..... it's not a bad word, rather just a word we fat people don't like to hear.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I believe must of us who are fat have been on diets, plans or whatever for half our lifes so we know portion size ... that guy is just a d*ck some people aren't happy unless they can make someone eles feel bad. Keep doing what you are doing you are wonderful and congrates on what you have lost so far
  • blondie0942
    blondie0942 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a jerk. It's besides the point that you may or may not know what a portion size is, but the fact that he had the audacity to say something like that to someone. If I were you, I'd forget about it and just smile to myself because I know he must be truly miserable with his live or himself in order to be so unnecessarily cruel.

Keep on keepin on!
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    We KNOW what portion sizes are...we just ignore those boundaries :-) Keep up the good work!! Ignore the *kitten*.
  • kvh_1fan
    kvh_1fan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Use that guy as motivation! Next time you're thinking about not working out or even during your workout, think of that moment right there. It'll fire you up to do another set of push ups or run another 5 minutes! Turn the situation into something that works positively for you!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Use that guy as motivation! Next time you're thinking about not working out or even during your workout, think of that moment right there. It'll fire you up to do another set of push ups or run another 5 minutes! Turn the situation into something that works positively for you!

^^This. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, being a victim serves no one, least of all you! Be empowered by the fact you are going to change that.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You tell him next time.... Hey, i can fix my weight,, but how are you going to fix your personality...
  • kdubose81
    Options
    wow ...
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    You tell him next time.... Hey, i can fix my weight,, but how are you going to fix your personality...

^^ THIS!!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know what a portion size is. Because it's a ridiculous concept. But, he was an *kitten*, regardless.
  • talentjar
    Options
    That would piss me off, too! How rude-and uncalled for. Lucky you are not his gf!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Dude, fat is fat. Calling myself fat is what made me push but to each his own. That said, that guy is a *kitten*.
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You should watch this youtube video, this guy, Brad Pilon, talks about the common misconception of heavy people. Its very enlightening and it makes sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qZEbqr3PwM
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't feel sorry for myself at all.
  • barkerp02
    Options
    Use it as a motivation! Sometimes the truth can hurt and people can be hard but focus on your goal. I can remember a time I had the opportunity to read a portion of my medical chart at my doctors office. The words I read burned forever in my brain "PATIENT IS EXTREMELY OBESE". It hurt my feelings but it also changed my life.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

I can't sugar coat it, even when talking about myself.... fat is fat..... it's not a bad word, rather just a word we fat people don't like to hear.

I agree with you. We are fat. Accept it. Change it. Sugarcoating is for 2 year olds, even then ,it's iffy.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

^^ THIS!!!

Ermegherd serch uh bernn!!!!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I saw a tshirt once that said "I may be fat, but you're ugly, at least I can go on a diet"
    This story just reminded me of it.. Don't do him the courtesy of being PC next time you run into each other.
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Love it- will remember that. Usually when someone says something nasty I am too taken aback to come up with a good comeback. The guy probably is pretty miserable, any person at peace with themselves would not ever say something so rude.