$2 bill story

Options
Altarian
Altarian Posts: 230 Member
Not sure who originally wrote this, but someone sent it to me on another social site. I laughed for an hour later.

OMG this really made me laugh!
THIS IS A RIOT!!!

Everyone should start carrying $2 bills!

I'm STILL laughing!! ♥ Like & Share ♥

READ THIS...
I think we need to quit saving our $2 bills and bring them out in public.

The younger generation doesn't even know they exist!

STORY:

On my way home from work, I stopped at Taco Bell for a quick bite to eat.

I have a $50 bill and a $2 bill. I figure with the $2 bill, I can get something to eat and not have to worry about irritating anyone for trying to break a $50 bill.

Me: 'Hi, I'd like one seven-layer burrito please, to go.' Server: 'That'll be $1.04. Eat in?'
Me: 'No, it's to go.' At this point, I open my billfold and hand him the $2 bill. He looks at it kind of funny.
Server: 'Uh, hang on a sec, I'll be right back.' He goes to talk to his manager, who is still within my earshot.

The following conversation occurs between the two of them:

Server: 'Hey, you ever see a $2 bill?'
Manager: 'No. A what?'
Server: 'A $2 bill. This guy just gave it to me...'
Manager: 'Ask for something else. There's no such thing as a $2 bill.'
Server: 'Yeah, thought so.'

He comes back to me and says, 'We don't take these.

Do you have anything else?'

Me: 'Just this fifty. You don't take $2 bills? Why?
Server: 'I don't know.'
Me: 'See here where it says legal tender?'
Server: 'Yeah.'
Me: 'So, why won't you take it?'
Server: 'Well, hang on a sec.'

He goes back to his manager, who has been watching me like I'm a shoplifter, and says to him, 'He says I have to take it.'

Manager: 'Doesn't he have anything else?'
Server: 'Yeah, a fifty. I'll get it and you can open the safe and get change.
Manager: 'I'm not opening the safe with him in here.'
Server: 'What should I do?'
Manager: 'Tell him to come back later when he has real money.'
Server: 'I can't tell him that! You tell him.'
Manager: 'Just tell him.'
Server: 'No way! This is weird. I'm going in back.

The manager approaches me and says, 'I'm sorry, but we don't take big bills this time of night.'

Me: 'It's only seven o'clock! Well then, here's a two dollar bill.'
Manager: 'We don't take those, either.'
Me: 'Why not?'
Manager: 'I think you know why.'
Me: 'No really, tell me why.'
Manager 'Please leave before I call mall security.'
Me: 'Excuse me?'
Manager: 'Please leave before I call mall security.'
Me: 'What on earth for?'
Manager: 'Please, sir..'
Me: 'Uh, go ahead, call them.'
Manager: 'Would you please just leave?'
Me: 'No.'
Manager: 'Fine -- have it your way then.'
Me: 'Hey, that's Burger King, isn't it?'

At this point, he backs away from me and calls mall security on the phone around the corner. I have two people staring at me from the dining area, and I begin laughing out loud, just for effect.

A few minutes later this 45-year-oldish guy comes in.

Guard: 'Yeah, Mike, what's up?'
Manager (whispering): 'This guy is trying to give me some (pause) funny money.'
Guard: 'No kidding! What?'
Manager: 'Get this. A two dollar bill.'
Guard (incredulous): 'Why would a guy fake a two dollar bill?'
Manager: 'I don't know. He's kinda weird. He says the only other thing he has is a fifty.'
Guard: 'Oh, so the fifty's fake!'
Manager: 'No, the two dollar bill is.'
Guard: 'Why would he fake a two dollar bill?'
Manager : 'I don't know! Can you talk to him, and get him out of here?'
Guard: 'Yeah.'

Security Guard walks over to me and......

Guard: 'Mike here tells me you have some fake bills you're trying to use.'
Me: 'Uh, no.'
Guard: 'Lemme see 'em.'
Me: 'Why?'
Guard: 'Do you want me to get the cops in here?'

At this point I'm ready to say, 'Sure, please!' but I want to eat, so I say, 'I'm just trying to buy a burrito and pay for it with this two dollar bill. I put the bill up near his face, and he flinches like I'm taking a swing at him. He takes the bill turns it over a few times in his hands, and he says,

Guard: 'Hey, Mike, what's wrong with this bill?'
Manager: 'It's fake.'
Guard: 'It doesn't look fake to me.'
Manager: 'But it's a two dollar bill.'
Guard: 'Yeah? '
Manager: 'Well, there's no such thing, is there?'

The security guard and I both look at him like he's an idiot and it dawns on the guy that he has no clue and is an idiot. So, it turns out that my burrito was free, and he threw in a small drink and some of those cinnamon thingies, too.

Made me want to get a whole stack of two dollar bills just to see what happens when I try to buy stuff.

Just think...

those two will be voting soon!!?!

YIKES!!!

Too late, we already have a nation full of them.

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    :laugh: People can be so dumb....or uninformed
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    If you've never seen one, how would you know? The tone of this message is stupid. They are not popular and no one uses them much at all. It's like someone handing me a $3 bill. I'd be like, yeah right. Same thing to people who have never seen one before. Off the high horse.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My abs hurt from lauging so hard! Thanks for that :laugh: :laugh:
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!!!! That is sooooooo funny!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,012 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I used to skydive, and when we would hold the National Championships, we would hand out $2 bills at the drop zone in Tahlequah, OK as change. We did it so that when the jumpers spent money in town - the town would know where the money was coming from...in those days jumpers were the Hells Angels of the aviation world and we had some trouble finding drop zones/cities where we would be welcomed.

I've heard of some other unbelievers, but that story cracks me up.

• Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hahaha.

Had something like that a few weeks ago. In the Netherlands most shops don't 'accept' the 1 and 2 cents coins, prices are rounded up or down here. But, I went to Germany a few days earlier, and the Germans give out these coins.

Prices are rounded up (or down eg €1,02 = €1), if you have a price like €8,67 they charge you €8,70, but they HAVE TO accept the 1 and 2 cent coins if you can pay the exact amount. So I did that, the young girl behind the cash cash went mad.

'The cash desk can't accept that!!!!1!!!11!1!!'/No you can't pay with those/we don't accept that. One moment, she asked the manager.

I was right. And I liked that very moment.

somuchwin.jpg

And I was concerned about her voting in the future too.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    We don't have $2 bills. The lowest we have are $5 bills.
    Also, maybe the guy should have a debit card or credit card instead?
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    OMG hahah :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously? I can't be that old that the generation before me doesn't know what a $2..
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'd be pissed if I were that customer.

I worked in a bank for 9+ years. Once a woman came in to pick up a very large amount of cash. She asked for $500 bills.... I had to think real quick and let her know that those are not in circulation. She was so confused. LOL. Just to make her happy I gave her the phone # to the federal reserve to call them and ask if they could get her some. Oh priceless.

Edit: $500 bills are real, but the government took them out of circulation many many years ago.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Off the high horse.

You shouldn't be so grumpy.
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    Off the high horse.

He's probably so grumpy because he was the manager :)
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Off the high horse.

I'm willing to bet that my 6-year-old niece has never seen a $2 bill. I'm not going to wave them in front of her and treat her like a dumbass because she's unfamiliar with them. It's not realistic to expect people to trust things that are so uncommon.
  • Altarian
    Options
    Well i'm glad most of you are seeing it for what it is, a humor piece and not over analyzing it like a few have. :noway:
    I guess to me they are not that uncommon because i work for a transport company that ships legal tender between the US Mint, US Dept. of Treasury, and Financial institutions. Oh well back under my rock i go.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Off the high horse.

I'm willing to bet that my 6-year-old niece has never seen a $2 bill. I'm not going to wave them in front of her and treat her like a dumbass because she's unfamiliar with them. It's not realistic to expect people to trust things that are so uncommon.

Exactly. Thanks.

I guess most of you work for the man, so you don't have to deal with the public. If someone handed you a $2 bill and you had never seen or heard of it, you wouldn't accept it.

I don't think it's funny. Sorry. Laughing at people because they don't know something is rude, to say the least.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Years ago a woman I worked with gave me a $2 bill and told me to tuck it in my wallet. Her theory being since you'd rarely ever use it "You'd always have at least $2 on you."

Once years later on the road I got on the PA Turnpike and forgot I didn't have any money on me. I freaked out.

But I had that $2 bill and it saved me.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    We don't have $2 bills. The lowest we have are $5 bills.
    Also, maybe the guy should have a debit card or credit card instead?

Actually, we do. They don't make them anymore, but there are still some in circulation. They only stopped making them like 16 or 17 years ago.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Off the high horse.

Exactly. Thanks.

I guess most of you work for the man, so you don't have to deal with the public. If someone handed you a $2 bill and you had never seen or heard of it, you wouldn't accept it.

I don't think it's funny. Sorry. Laughing at people because they don't know something is rude, to say the least.

If you live in the US, you should have a clue about what is and what isn't legal tender.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Off the high horse.

Exactly. Thanks.

If you live in the US, you should have a clue about what is and what isn't legal tender.

Would you accept a $500, $1,000, or $5,000 bill? It's legal tender, so I'd hope so.
  • Altarian
    Options
    Off the high horse.

Exactly. Thanks.

So by your statement i take it you are jobless. Because even if you own your own business you are working for the man. You like a few others have not got the point of this. So here is one interpretation that i've seen to this joke.
    It was not about making fun of someone who did not know that the $2, a legal tender that is still in print in the US, exists but that there are people in this country that just don't get it in the big picture. That instead of listening to what is being said they would rather argue and hide behind the wall of ignorance, being to thick headed to realize this fact. Now before anyone get's bent thinking i am directing this to anyone i am not. I was simply trying to bring political humor to the masses and some of you just did not get it. Taking it as making fun of people. To those i must ask, Why you so offended? This possibly similar to personal experience? Wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Have such a dry sense of humor you could start a fire?