Losing weight to manage arthritis? Or other disease?

Options
2»

Replies

• ambershaerager
    Options
    Hi! I am trying to lose about 150. I used to be an addict and when I got clean, I gained a lot of weight. I have arthritis in my knees, and in one I have torn cartilage, and screws in my knee and hip, and a metal rod in my femur. All of this weight does not help any! I want to be healthy for my little girl. There are days I can't even carry her from her room in the mornings because my legs hurt so bad that I am afraid of collapsing and dropping her. My goal is to be healthy, fit, and to be able to RUN and play! I have started this so many times and slipped off the track. At one point I was down to 250 from 300. Now I am back to 278.
  • leojoshrun
    Options
    Wow! This is great. I am really encouraged by these people. I wanted to lose weight but had stopped.
    Thanks friends even i am here to join you. We will walk together in this journey.

Leo
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I also suffer from OA, it is in all my joints and it makes getting up some days really tough. I am aiming to lose another 50 lbs, I have lost 20 and already feel better, my main issue is my left knee that I am going to have looked at again as it does not seem to be improving. I move more now than I did 5 months ago, a little everyday. I am not hard core cardio,weights or anything, I just keep moving. I know I will get where I want to be someday.