Not that I expected support from the guy, but damn!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Apparently he forgot to attend his AA meeting (A$$Ho!e$ Anonomous Meeting that day!!! ou cannot fix ignorance so put it out of your mind and press on and Rock the weight loss and know that you will be a healthy Happy Person :) and he will continue to be a Dumb *kitten* :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jack3Dav3
    jack3Dav3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I bet most fat people know what a portion is regardless of their size.

I'll take that bet
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Personally, I hope it's never un-PC to say something like that. Obesity should never become an accepted lifestyle, or attribute. Should it be un-PC to call out a meth-head? A thief? A country singer ;)?

These are all poor decisions people have made, knowing the consequences. To poke fun at people who have made these decisions may not be the kindest thing in the world, but it certainly is not the same thing as a racist or homophobic comment.

The statement which was said earlier, "I may be fat, but you're ugly. I can lose weight," is exactly the point. We are where we are because of our own decisions (rare exceptions notwithstanding), and I don't think we should be coddled for it. I think making fun of someone for being ugly is far worse than making fun of someone's weight. And although the comment is amusing, the two insults are not equal.

My $.02.