Fitness tracking device that tracks biking and skating?

Options
I'm not much of a walker or runner, does anyone know if any of these devices do a good job tracking stairs and skating (roller) and bicycling? I play roller derby and use a bike as my main mode or transportation so this is what I'm usually doing. I used a cheap pedometer for a few days and it tracked neither of these even remotely accurately.

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    The motoactv works as a pedometer, works with a HRM and works on push bikes with or without extra sensors.
    Pretty sure it's got a indoor and outdoor roller skating modes, but not 100% on that as it's not something that interests me and I don't have it on me this second. (Edit - yes, it does Indoor and outdoor 'inline skating'.)
  • htrl877
    htrl877 Posts: 49
    Options
    Strava is a phone app that does that.
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Theres an app called run keeper for android phones that does this. It will GPS you and tell you where you went, how long, how fast I love it. You can use it for all sorts of exercises including biking and skating ... and swimming which I think is funny bc I dk about you but my phone is not water proof! :)
  • LoulouRuns
    LoulouRuns Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Endomondo app is quite good.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    A Garmin Forerunner would be a good option, too. I run with a Forerunner 305 and have an Edge 500 on my bike--I used to use the Forerunner on the bike, as well. If you're out for more than a couple of hours it will really save on battery life of your phone and has better accuracy, too.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If you can afford an $80 Heart rate monitor, that would be best. Otherwise, If you own a smart phone there are a ton of free apps that will track it for you. My favorite is Runkeeper