I was bad...

Options
I was bad...really bad...today. I am almost 1,000 calories over today! :sad: I've been back on the site for 13 days now and I've been right on target every day but today. I just seriously slipped tonight...when i should have stopped I was only 150ish over (just had to have desert)...then my husband went to bed (i work nights and I work tomorrow so I have to stay up so I can sleep late tomorrow to be able to stay up all night) and I ate 2 cookies, a piece of cold nasty pizza, a glass of juice, and a handfull of nuts! :blushing: All in a 2 hour time period!!! :embarassed:

AWFULL HORRIBLE SAD BAD EMBARASSING!!!! :sick:

I guess I just had to admit it "outloud" to people who would understand. I will be back at it tomorrow...eating right and trying to get more exercise. Just bummed about how bad I screwed up today. :cry:

At least tomorrow is a new day...

Replies

• Lizzard70
    Lizzard70 Posts: 14
    Options
    Makes you feel any better....I slipped badly today and for the most part been very good. It happens to the best of us :ohwell: but we are only human. Your right we will get back on track tomorrow :happy: tomorrow is a new day.:flowerforyou:
  • kellilucky13
    Options
    Thats right....tomorrow is a new day! Once you fall off the bike, you get right back on! You can do it. =)
  • trs86
    trs86 Posts: 5
    Options
    its ok to splurge once in a while - its all about being resilient and getting back up - thats where most of us fail in our journey - we have a splurge and then think we've failed and don't get back up, so your doing the right thing, and we are all behind you!

its never satisfying is it - when your trying to be strict and control your diet and you have a big splurge you always feel yuck and worse and it never satisfy's you, so just remember the yukky feeling you get the next time you get that urge to go to the fridge and have a pig out and hopefully that will help a little!!

but don't feel bad or guilty, just get right on back up and show yourself who is in control here! you might have lost this battle, but your going to win the war!!
  • malloryolvera2010
    Options
    sooo was i lol!!!! i had a medium chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard from Dairy Queen today! only bc it was buy one get one for 25 cents... lol so me and my mom got one and it made me go over too! Its all good though we just got to work extra hard :)
  • k1979k
    k1979k Posts: 94
    Options
    Ugh - don't we all know the feeling. Sometimes when I'm really failing I'll be eating something additional to what I actually need - pure emotional eating, not hungry at all, and therefore something hideously high in unnecessary calories - and while I'm eating I'm thinking about what I'm going to eat next and don't even rest between finishing the first thing and heading to the cupboard for the next thing! I ate a whole box of muesli bars (granola bars) in a sitting like that, and have been known to polish off half a box of cereal or a block of chocolate, or both..... sometimes eating until something is gone so that the temptation is gone!!

Erk - reading that makes it hit home just how pathetic that is... And how totally against my goals it goes!
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    Hey, chin up, it's ok, happens to the best of us.

A good brisk 30 min walk for the next 5 days will cover your extra 1000 :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    One off day in 13 days is really good. Stop beating yourself up about it and get right back to doing the good things again. You're allowed to slip up every now and then. :)
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Hey, chin up, it's ok, happens to the best of us.

A good brisk 30 min walk for the next 5 days will cover your extra 1000 :happy: :flowerforyou:

I so agree with this!

I think most of us are guilty of going on a splurge and then deeply regretting it after. I do much longer work outs when this happens to me (not often thankfully) and I just repeat in my head (This extra hour of working out is because of 5 minutes of sillyness). When I think about binging I try to think of the extra effort I'll need to do to compensate it...puts me off most of the time :-)