Feeling Extremely Discouraged...Insanity dieting and help!

Options
I currently am on day twelve on the Insanity workout. I think I have only lost like 3 pounds....I am so scared that I am going to be one of those cases that lose like ten pounds during this,....I need advice on meals and what not. Also I was thinking of doing the Special K diet along with Insanity....I did that a few years ago while doing Denise Austin workouts and lost plenty of weight....

Help!!!! :)

- Stephanie

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Stop panicking and breathe. This is not going to happen overnight. 3 lbs in 12 days is a lot.

I wouldn't recommend the Special K diet - there's nothing magical about the cereal that makes you lose weight. All it does is allows you to create a calorie deficit, which you can do with real food that will give you a better nutritional balance. The Special K diet is just a marketing gimmick to make you buy more of their cereal.

Honestly, my biggest advice here would be to stop looking for quick fixes and look at ways you can change your lifestyle permanently, to lose the weight at a steady pace, and keep it off forever so you're not back here in a couple of years having the same panic.
  • stephiebrit
    Options
    Okay...I believe I am just gonna follow my 1400 calorie diet....and keep on going....I will not weight myself until day 30. Hopefully it's a good result. And I thought the special k diet worked lol. but i guess it was because i was eating so little
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    3 Lbs in 12 days is right around 1.5 Lbs per week...which is good, safe, and healthy weight loss. Not sure what you're worried about.
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above although I am obsessed with the scale to stay focused with feedback. I weigh everyday and in the evening before bed as well. I have a spreadsheet that I keep on the wall near the scale. I wouldn't be able to do it only weighing in 30 days.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    That is a really good, healthy loss in 10 days! X
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much you currently weigh and how much you've lost so far. But the lower your body fat %, the slower your weight loss. Really over weight people (200 lbs+) can lose more weight a week, 2 to 5lbs a week, than people who are, say 150 lbs or less, who might get lucky to lose 1 to 2lbs a week.

Regardless, 1.5lbs a week is a very safe rate to be losing weight for anyone. Don't stress or try crazy diets, keep doing what you're doing. I'm proud of you! :smile:
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Don't do the Special K! Just follow Shawn T,, eat real good food, and the work will pay off. Also weight loss is not everything, esp in this program you will lose inches, tighten and firm up! Measure yourself (waist, hips, arms,,ect.. ). Those numbers are also very important.
    Good luck, dig deeper, and it don't start till you are tired!
  • importdude
    importdude Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think your on a good track.
    im on day 28
    i just started losing weight again. for 3 weeks i lost zero lbs,

i only lost 5lb so far when on insanity for 28days. But i feel more mucles in the legs
    keep it up!
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't go for the gimicky weight loss programseither-- I have found that for me,portion control is key-- I can eat all the foods I love-- even chocolate,and still stay below my daily calorie requirement. Don't deprive yourself-- when I do that-- i eventually binge on something I love... that is a lot of weight in like 10 days-- good job-- dont feel discouraged... for me, its more about how my clothes fit and what my body looks like than what is on the scale-- much better indicator is the measurements
  • stephiebrit
    Options
    Thank you!!!!!! :) Just finished my workout..... feel amazing. I feel stronger I could actually do MANY more push ups than from day 1