Boot Camp

Options
I attended my first boot camp yesterday. An hour at the beach jogging, doing crunches, push ups, running and jumping stairs, skipping rope etc....I know it will vary immensely depending upon the level and exercise, but has anyone ever figured out calories burned for a boot camp?

Replies

• MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    That depends on your weight, height, age and effort level. I just did a boot camp class last night. I wear my heart rate monitor when I work out so I know with certainty what my calorie burn was. I burned 768 in one hour. Other nights I've done 650, it just depends on what we did and my effort level.

768 is quite a bit actually. But when I was 40 lbs heavier, I would burn over 900 calories in an intense hour long work out.

Go get yourself a Polar FT4 HRM. It's simple, relatively inexpensive, and it will tell you your Heart Rate and Calories.

if you want something more fancy, they have a Polar model which syncs with your smart phone (the WearLink + or something like that). Then you can sync it with many different fitness apps. But for me, I like the simplicity of the watch and the chest strap.

You can make yourself crazy with the gadgets on the market today. But nothing beats the accuracy of a good old chest strap heart rate monitor and watch!

Good luck!
  • Linzzie
    Linzzie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will get a heart monitor.........
  • irmacasillas
    Options
    yeah thanks thats what i was trying to figure out too. thanks. i guess its just better to get a heart monitor.
  • AnotherDreamer2013
    Options
    MikeinAZ, thanks. I did my first boot camp workout this morning and was trying to figure out how to record it here. You gave me some ballpark figures that will work until I can get a monitor. Appreciate it.