Best Workout Dvd (Suggestions)

Options
I have tried various DVD's such as Jillian Michaels (tons), Bob Harper, Biggest Loser, Jackie Warner, Turbo Jam and P90X. I am 38 and have 20 lbs to lose as well as have hypothyroid.

Just wondering what DVD's you think were the best and got you to your goal.

I am tired of buying workout DVD's so the next one I really want it to be an investment and worth every penny.

Thanks

Replies

• pensativa11
    pensativa11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you ever tried anything by the "Firm". The DVD's I have are some of the old ones, but it really works, especially for toning. I've lost weight doing it almost exclusively along with some basic treadmill workouts. Good luck!
  • AynzL
    AynzL Posts: 40
    Options
    I bought Results Fitness: 10 days to a better body and I love it!!! It has 2 30 min sections. Some days I will add treadmill time or part of another workout video.
  • carolyn000000
    carolyn000000 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I like Fitnessblender .com and it is free! Lots of full length workouts. One of their latest is an epic 1000 calorie burn. I used to do Firm workouts years ago, those are good too.
  • hannahsmith3139241
    Options
    I was 15 stone at 16 years of age. i bought all the 10 minute solutions DVD's and went down to 10 stone and was a size 10. Would definately recommend these. I'm now 20 and 13 stone again so trying to get in control of my diet again. I started on Tuesday and i was 13st 6lb and been doing the DVD on a night before i eat. I weighed myself again on Thursday and i'd lost 2lb.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you ever tried anything by the "Firm". The DVD's I have are some of the old ones, but it really works, especially for toning. I've lost weight doing it almost exclusively along with some basic treadmill workouts. Good luck!

I have several of The FIRM DVD's, some older from 2004 & some newer & inbetween. I LOVE them!! My favorite is "Get Chisel'd" with Rebecca Sturkie - she is my inspiration! Check Amazon, most of them are around $10 & with free shipping (order at least $25 for free shipping which means 3 new workouts DVD's :happy: ). I'd recomment "Get Chisel'd", "Total Body Time Crunch" and "Tight Buns,Killer Legs", if you want more cardio based, "Cardio Explosion" is KILLER!! 4 12-minute workouts that totally annihilate calories & fat! I used my HRM once & burned over 700 calories on all 4!

PS - part of my profile pic results are from my home workouts, I use the gym to lift heavier which I just started focusing on in the last month.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I have tons too but have found Chalean Extreme CLX by Beachbody are the ones I keep going back to. They involve weights. You know how motivating Chalean can be if you have TurboJam. This workout is different...try it! :flowerforyou:
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I loooved The Firm (Transfirmer 1& 4), though its getting tough on my joints now to use the tall step. Right now I am loving Ellen Barrett and Zumba(I keep it med/low impact), fun and I feel great. Good luck!
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well it depends on what you like to do. I prefer the Les Mills Body Combat or Body Pump so if kickboxing interests you, there is a set of Combat with 6 different DVDS
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Has anybody tried insanity or body revolution.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Insanity. It's intense but a great work out
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    If you have done P90X then step up to P90X2 or Insanity. Both of those are really good. Your Hypothyroid condition shouldn't be a problem as long as your meds are the right dose. If you are working out & eating right but nothing much is happening, go have your doc do labs and make sure you are on the correct dosage. It helped me, once they fixed my amount my hard work started paying off again.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Masses to try out for free and read the reviews on YOUTUBE before you spend any money.
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Masses to try out for free and read the reviews on YOUTUBE before you spend any money.

Thanks, I saw someone posted the video's so I might try that.