CONFUSED----SCALE QUESTION

Options
I weighed myself yesterday @ work and it read 271 lbs.. I get on my scale at home just now and it says 261 with no clothes on... Do I set my weight with what my scale says or the scale at work... confused.... :huh:

Replies

• kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just always weigh on the same scales :) personally I'd use the ones at home :)

Good luck on your journey x
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Always weigh on the same scale. Just pick one and be consistent.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Choose the one you think is more likely to be correct and only use that one.
    Your weight can vary through the day so try to weigh at the same time.

Most people on here weigh first thing in the morning, on a friday or saturday.
    If you wanna weigh first thing, use the home one
  • mrshill2007
    mrshill2007 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Always weigh on the same scale. Just pick one and be consistent.

I think because at work I had all my clothes on and I work in a environment where we weigh turbine parts on the scales... but I think I will go with my home scale because I didnt have any clothes on...
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You must only use the same scales at the same time every day. With or without clothes makes no difference just do it the same every time.

You are not going to lose weight every day simply by getting on the scales - weigh yourself every week at the same time. If you have lost weight it will show.

Try and lock the scales away.
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    Always use the same scale. Scales can very. Also rely more so on a digital scale.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Clothing doesn't weigh 10 pounds. Is your home scale on a hard, flat surface?
  • mrshill2007
    mrshill2007 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Clothing doesn't weigh 10 pounds. Is your home scale on a hard, flat surface?

LOL...yes it was on a hard surface floor but at work I wear steel toes so my mom just reasured me that those were the problems... I didnt think about that... her scale is from the biggest loser which is hte one I weighed 261 but my scale at home says 261 and it is a digital... so it might have been the steel toes and all my clothes...
  • scrapper001
    Options
    I weigh myself when I get up in the morning, every morning so I can see what I might be doing wrong if I gain weight, If I loose then I look back at what i did. :laugh: :laugh:
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    lols steel caps
    /thread
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i'd go so far as to say don't even bother weighing yourself except maybe once a month as a secondary indicator of progress and instead take your measurements once a week.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Same scale, same time, dressed similarly. That's the only way to go.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I live in 2 places and have 2 scales. I've found that one set weighs 1.75 lbs higher than the other. As my original scales are the ones that weigh higher I have to add on 1.75 lbs every morning I'm away from base. :-(

I calculated the difference by weighing just before leaving home, then jumping straight on the other scales when we arrived at the other place. (Didn't change a thing - same clothes, shoes, pocket contents, before going to the bathroom....) Then did the same thing as a cross-check going back home again. Gave the same weight difference both ways. I was surprised they didn't differ by more....

You could weigh yourself at home at different times of day & wearing work clothes - it's instructive to see how your weight varies during the day. I often weigh morning and night but try not to get stressed about fluctuations.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    use the one at home only. That way u refer to the same number every time. U started with that number so I wouldn't mix it up any. Good luck on your journey.......
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Always use the same scale and be naked!
  • bigbird1979
    bigbird1979 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I alway weigh 5 pounds heavier at the doc's. We even put a five pound weight on our scale at home and it measured 5 pounds. Scales suck. I believe the doc has it over for some reason.
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Go by the same scale, same state of dress & same time of day.

Your weight will always fluctuate within a range throughout the day and clothing can weigh a few pounds. Some scales aren't accurate.

I weigh myself in the mornings naked after my first trip to the bathroom but before breakfast. That is my lowest weight for the day and most likely to be a stable number from day to day.
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I think because at work I had all my clothes on and I work in a environment where we weigh turbine parts on the scales... but I think I will go with my home scale because I didnt have any clothes on...

I personally use the one at work (and don't in fact own a home one) because it is a very large industrial scale that is regularly calibrated and (to me) would seem to be likely to be more consistent. Even though I have one clothes and steel toed boots and such.