How many carbs do you take in a day??

Options
2»

Replies

• projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I usually eat the carbs that MFP sets for me. So between 160g and 200g. Honestly, your body will turn extra protein you eat into the carbs it needs anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless your diet is entirely made up of carbs. =),

Oh, and I usually get my carbs from whole grain bread, whole wheat waffles, or fruit and veggies. Sometimes the occasional piece of chocolate. C;
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I get about 200g, sometimes a bit over, and I am maintaining on net 2000 cals.
  • kwseneca
    Options
    A lot of people focus on carbs and fats and blah blah this and that. The simple fact is a CALORIE is a CALORIE whether it comes from spinach, a hershey bar, or a blueberry muffin!

I would worry less about your carb intake. Focus on your calorie intake, but mostly focus on how you feel.
    Make sure you are eating plenty if nutrients! Take vitamins. Basically, carbs make you hungry faster because they burn faster. Whole wheat and unrefined carbs don't burn off as fast. Protein keeps you full. Sugar gives you a burst of energy, but burns off quickly.
    Too much fat makes you tired, but a little fat is NECESSARY!

That's the basics. Ignore the myfitnesspal dailies that are telling you that you went over in fat, carbs, or sugars! If you are under your calorie limit and you have all the proper nutrients and vitamins in you- YOU WILL STILL LOSE WEIGHT!
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't count carbs. My diet is nearly vegetarian so high carbs are unavoidable. I've never felt better, been leaner or more fit.

Reducing your carbs by a little shouldn't really do anything. Instead there is a tipping point that if you lower carbs below a certain extremely low level you alter your biochemistry via a ketogenic diet.

The only thing to worry about with a high or higher carb diet is whether you are eating a lot of empty calories. It's healthier to pack as much protein and micronutrients as you can into your day.
  • Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    A lot of people focus on carbs and fats and blah blah this and that. The simple fact is a CALORIE is a CALORIE whether it comes from spinach, a hershey bar, or a blueberry muffin!

I would worry less about your carb intake. Focus on your calorie intake, but mostly focus on how you feel.
    Make sure you are eating plenty if nutrients! Take vitamins. Basically, carbs make you hungry faster because they burn faster. Whole wheat and unrefined carbs don't burn off as fast. Protein keeps you full. Sugar gives you a burst of energy, but burns off quickly.
    Too much fat makes you tired, but a little fat is NECESSARY!

That's the basics. Ignore the myfitnesspal dailies that are telling you that you went over in fat, carbs, or sugars! If you are under your calorie limit and you have all the proper nutrients and vitamins in you- YOU WILL STILL LOSE WEIGHT!

Wow! A calorie is not a just a calorie. Are you saying 150 calorie twinkie is equal to 150 calories of veggies?
  • SaShmy1022
    SaShmy1022 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I take in 180 a day, split up by 40 carbs a meal and 20 per snack. I also eat between 1500-2000 calories a day. But I am steadily losing and it sounds like you want to maintain. I try to get all of my carbs from healthy, whole and unprocessed sources.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Currently taking in 400+ a day, mind you I'm on a 3200 calorie diet
  • misskriistina
    Options
    I usually eat the carbs that MFP sets for me. So between 160g and 200g. Honestly, your body will turn extra protein you eat into the carbs it needs anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless your diet is entirely made up of carbs. =),

Oh, and I usually get my carbs from whole grain bread, whole wheat waffles, or fruit and veggies. Sometimes the occasional piece of chocolate. C;

Thanks! I didn't realize the protein would turn into the carbs I need. I always feel soooo hungry if I do under 120 carb!
  • misskriistina
    Options
    I take in 180 a day, split up by 40 carbs a meal and 20 per snack. I also eat between 1500-2000 calories a day. But I am steadily losing and it sounds like you want to maintain. I try to get all of my carbs from healthy, whole and unprocessed sources.

Thanks everyone for the comments!! Very helpful!!!!! And I'm trying to maintain and il hit 180g of carbs but most of the time it's 80 to 100 carbs in one sitting!! Very hard for me to spread them out for some reason
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hello,

You need to eat a balance diet with enough protein, fat and carbs

I don't count carbs and try to eat a lot of veggies, fruit and make sure I get enough protein.

If you avoid sweets and processed foods, you really do not have to worry about carbs unless you have diabeetus.