Detox water

Options
2»

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Another member posted the other day about hating water, so she cuts up an apple in thin slices and puts it in a two liter pitcher of water along with a cinnamon stick and chills it. I tried it. It's good, but for those who really hate water, they'd probably LOVE it.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Detox water :laugh:
  • aryya
    aryya Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The lemon is amazing for helping to alkalize your body, is much needed by people who eat/drink lots of acidic things. Lemon also helps to stimulate digestion.
    Try putting ginger in as well, and it will be anti-inflammatory, as well ;)

Worst case scenario, you're getting a pretty yummy drink that has some vitamins and minerals in it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    The lemon is amazing for helping to alkalize your body, is much needed by people who eat/drink lots of acidic things. Lemon also helps to stimulate digestion.

Worst case scenario, you're getting a pretty yummy drink that has some vitamins and minerals in it.

I'm not an expert but....isn't lemon acidic too? Just wanted to make sure....
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I did this a few years ago, bought a 2.5 gallon water for the fridge and put the lemon and cucumber slices in. Tasted great day 1, day 2 it tasted like spoiled veggies. We couldn't get the smell/taste out and had to trash the water jug. Just a heads up for you preppers out their.
  • aryya
    aryya Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Lemon is acid absolutely (in the grand scheme of things, a weak acid), but during digestion, it changes to having very alkalizing properties.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/498141-can-adding-lemon-juice-water-make-water-alkaline/
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Lemon is acid absolutely (in the grand scheme of things, a weak acid), but during digestion, it changes to having very alkalizing properties.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/498141-can-adding-lemon-juice-water-make-water-alkaline/

Things I didn't know. Thanks :)
  • juliedor
    juliedor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your explanation regarding bumping
    I think the water is good for you as it is alkalizing your body with the lemon.
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Warm it up and it is more potent as the lemon adds slight acid and hot acid is like a colonic
  • PaulineKK
    Options
    For better tasting water, especially in the summertime, I like to drop in a mint altoid. Keeps my breath minty fresh!;-)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Warm it up and it is more potent as the lemon adds slight acid and hot acid is like a colonic

Huh??
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I was a water hater. Meaning I bet I went months between drinks of water and I'm not kidding. Now I get 8 or 9 glasses of water in each day but it was hard in the beginning. One thing that did help me was to flavor my water so whatever it takes just do it to get it in. I like the cucumber and mint but I love the apples and cinnamon stick even more. I also agree with the one person who said it probably isn't the stuff we put in the water but the fact we are drinking the water that makes our skin look better.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Huh? What does this mean anyway?

And can someone tell me what "infused water" is? Is Kool-Aid "infused water"?
  • cjspawn120
    Options

^^^Although lemon's contain acids, it's actually an alkaline food. I've tried this...I can't drink 8 cups of water a day, once I did this I downed water. It's delic!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Waitaminute, into which end am i pouring this water?
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

*cough*
  • PikaKnight
    Options

*cough*

Whoa whoa whoa....what???? O.O
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

*cough*

Whoa whoa whoa....what???? O.O

Sometimes the Saturday night threads are the best.