Hello from Hawai'i

Options
Do I live in a grass shack? No. Do I have electricity? Yes. These are questions people have asked me. These people were not joking Lol.

For the first time ever, I am going to make a point of trying to lose weight. The healthy way; no crazy crash diets, no pills. Just traditional diet and exercise. As a medical student/volunteer nurse, I'm always telling patients how important it is to stay in shape, exercise, and eat right. Yet, here I am, 100 pounds over my healthy weight. Patients often tell me they want to lose weight to be happy and healthy. I'm already happy :smile: so I hope to stay focused and get healthy. 105 pounds to go!

Replies

• cruisenelly
    cruisenelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Take one day at a time and don't get discouraged!
  • GaryMerr
    Options
    Good stuff. The very best of luck.
  • cheridino
    Options
    Hi There... I was born in Hawaii. Local Gal. However, live in New york these days.
  • runciem
    runciem Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Best of luck from Scotland! I've been watching my food and hitting the gym for 2 weeks now and the difference you feel is amazing. Totally worth the aching legs and dry tuna sandwiches!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome.

I wish you the best of luck, it sounds like you've already got the right attitude!
  • Kersmudgekins
    Kersmudgekins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh at the questions you got. Living in Canada we see the people coming across the border with snow skis on the roof of their car in July!
    Research people research ! LOL.
    Good Luck. My goal is to be fit. I am not into numbers. I want to be healthy and fit
  • rafiki2013
    rafiki2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of not being obsessed with numbers, just aimimg to be healthy one day at a time in the midwest