Beginner Yoga DVD suggestions

Options
I would like to increase my flexibility and do some yoga at night. It seems like a great idea as I live on the 2nd story and can't jump around. I'm not flexible at all, but I'm slowly gaining strength from weight training and working out.
Does anyone have any suggestions for some yoga DVDs to follow along with?

Replies

• toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Youtube has some nice stuff, try tara stiles. Rodney Yee stuff at Walmart isn't bad. He has one specifically for beginners. I've the Power Yoga one and as a beginner I can do ok with it.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I like Peggy Cappy's Yoga for the Rest of Us series. Anyone can do her yoga.

http://www.peggycappy.net/

Her dvd's can also be found on amazon.com
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Selfs Ultimate Destress Yoga - I love it!! I've literally done it off and on for years and thoroughly enjoy it. It's not fast paced or overwhelming but it's very effective in the long run.
  • SwimKitty
    SwimKitty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Try Yoga Journal's 21 day yoga challenge :

http://www.yogajournal.com/21daychallenge/

It's free - sign up with email, and they'll send you a link everyday for a new practice. The instructors vary from day to day, and the focus is a little different for variety. These practices are very well cued. I did these when I started. And they're relatively short, around 20 minutes. You can go back and repeat the ones you like at any time.

Good luck!
  • ggsmamma
    ggsmamma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Before my kid, I was a kundalini yoga instructor & I think that anything that Nirvair Singh does is fantastic: http://www.kundaliniyogacenter.com/Videos.htm
  • josettenehmelman
    josettenehmelman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dani_Davies23
    Options
    bump.
  • rockerbaby2003
    rockerbaby2003 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Go to youtube there are hundreds of free videos, you can decide before you buy
  • malcontent
    malcontent Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tara Stiles has a channel on youtube and lots of sweet videos, maybe up to 10, 20 min long, so you can try a couple to have a longer session. And she also has a yoga DVD, if you want more :) I like her 'coz she has the most relaxing voice and good timing, not too quick for someone who is just starting out and does't immediately recognise the poses or so.
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can try the "on demand" with your tv service. I know Verizon has an exercise channel with many different types of yoga for free. I really like them and recommend you start there until you get familiar with the names and determine which style/type you like. I also just got a "hot yoga" download from iTunes. Same thing as Bikram, but gives me the option to practice at home,
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love the Yoga Zone series.