Help eating more veggies

Options
124»

Replies

• HeatherStorey
    HeatherStorey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am a picky eater so I experiment to find things I like. I like to boil veggies until they are soft ( i dont like them crunchy) and I add spicy seasonings to them and sea salt and pepper. I also have a problem with the texture of fruit. I can only eat apples and bananas plain, all others go into a blender to smooth out the texture. I always add greens (spinach, kale, etc) to my fruit smoothies to get in extra nutrients while I can.
  • souzouchan
    Options
    http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2007/07/a-salad-palette/
    700544972_564e118f79.jpg
    For me the simplest is the best.
    Just takes a few minutes to weigh veggies, finely chop, squeeze some lemon, salt and pepper. (sumac, or what ever herbs you want to add). I like to add capers myself... I also forego the olive oil.

So much wonderful flavour.

That looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Permission to drool!?
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    permission granted lol.

Today I did this with 150gram of cucumber with peel on, 150gram of salad tomatoes, 75 gram of red bell peppers.
    Less than 70 calories. I find it helps me so much not just to get good vitamins/minerals and avoid processed foods, but you get real good belly filling portion, that will take a while to digest, and so few calories.

Enjoy !
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    i try to add veggies to chili (tomatoes, peppers, green chilies, chipotle chilies, mushrooms, cauliflower, onion), soups and stews- I love to bake a spaghetti squash and then add about a 1/2 cup to a hot chili. You really cant taste it, it lowers the calories A LOT, and you get the good veggies in. I also use as spaghetti noodles. Mix with favorite sauce and top with a little cheese. Yum.

To bake a spaghetti squash: cut in half, scrape out seeds, bake 30-60 minutes depending on size at about 375F. I also bake whole and take seeds out after.
  • souzouchan
    Options

I love this one; in a blender blend Orange juice with Spinach -you don't taste the Spinach at all

I tried that tonight and mmmmm so delicious! I'll be doing this more too! :drinker: (picture spinach instead of beer :laugh: )
  • Lilylove86
    Lilylove86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was not a fan of veggies but since I've found this blog, www.peasandcrayons.com, I'm addicted! Her recipes are amazing and so easy which is great! and she is so funny. I must have made about 30 of her veggies and some things are now weekly repeats in my house. Good luck finding what works for you!
  • souzouchan
    Options
    I ate this a week and a half ago:

6205095149_ee1ab6e6b8.jpg

Yummeh!
  • Sallybeee_fit
    Sallybeee_fit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump for later