Weighing everyday.

Options
Hi,

I got my wii fit (yay!) and its proving fantastic, I've worked out more and burnt more calories in a week than in 2 months in the gym because I can work out whenever I want and in the privacy of my own home. BUT
It weighs me everyday and it says i've put on 1lb-2lb a day since I started but i've stuck to 1670 cals (my limit) or less - and usually everyday its less by at least 100 if not 500! and i'm working out a min of half hr - an hr a day so I don't understand. I'm far more motivated and doing way better than before christmas so why am I putting on still O_o

any ideas? google tells me it might be water and boyfriend says muscle but I have no idea and its a bit disheartening :(

xx

Replies

• TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Ignore the Wii Fit weight. The fluctuation can have to do with what kind of flooring you have your balance board on, and what time of day you weigh,etc. My suggestion is weigh in once a week on a real scale at the same time of day, unclothed. And leave it at that.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'd say disregard the wii fit reading. Weight fluctuates between 1-5lbs every day due to waste, water retention, etc. Just weigh yourself (or count the weigh in) once a week on the same day at the same time.

All best!
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    Pay not attention to the Wii. Use only a real scale
  • itali614
    itali614 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Find out your BMR and TDEE. You may be eating too little. Salt intake is a big water inducer too. I used to weigh myself everyday and it was extremely disheartening. So I only do it once per week now. You can find more about BMR and TDEE by putting these items in the search engine. You will get lots of information. My favorite site on it is fat2fitradio.com. Good luck and Best Wishes
  • itali614
    itali614 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Pay not attention to the Wii. Use only a real scale

and do this!!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Muscle. could be a touch of water too though. I would ignore your weight for a couple of weeks even if it automatically weighs you every day.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Body weight does fluctuate greatly from one person to the next on a daily basis. If you're working out more in the past several days than you have in the past, my money is on water retention. When you tax your muscles it's natural to have some fluid retention as they repair themselves. That said, you should see that number go down again in a reasonable amount of time.

And, like the other posters have said. . .I don't know how well calibrated a Wii balance board is for weighing. . .I'd stick with a real scale.
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ignore the Wii Fit weight. The fluctuation can have to do with what kind of flooring you have your balance board on, and what time of day you weigh,etc. My suggestion is weigh in once a week on a real scale at the same time of day, unclothed. And leave it at that.

This
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Agree here too. Just keep using the Wii for exercise though.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    It's not muscle.
  • verityclaire3389
    Options
    Ok thank you, I don't have a scale here (at my boyfriends) but I will get one when i get paid i'm hoping it'll sort itself out because I worked so hard last year to lose 2 and a half stone i'd be gutted to put it back on x
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Could definitely be from the kind of floor, or setting it in a different place in the floor. It is really not accurate. So don't worry to much. But boy is it fun! So enjoy! And don't worry too much, :)
  • emmynchris
    Options
    my weight can change by as much as 5 pounds a day
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My wii fit is severely inaccurate. I would disregard anything that thing says about your weight.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but not on my Wii Fit. I've found it fluctuates too much to be counted on as accurate. I know that my weight fluctuates, but not nearly as much as the Wii reports.
  • Lilnewfiegurl13
    Lilnewfiegurl13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i agree with everyone else rely on your everyday normal scale appose to the wii fit scale, its not accurate at all.