Returning member and looking for friends!

Options
Hi there, my name is Jess and I love MyFitnessPal. I've used it before to help me with my journey and lost forty pounds but unfortunately I didn't have a strong hold on myself and I gained weight and then some. That "some" being the climb to my highest weight of 212 lbs. I lost weight about a month ago and then fell off the ban wagon again because I needed more support. Now I sit at 204 lbs and I'm almost 5'6". I'm 18, I work full time as a bank teller and I go to school full time. I would love to to be in the range of 135 - 145 lbs. I would even be alright with 150 lbs because I enjoy being curvy. I would like to achieve my goal by January of 2014, but I understand that in may take longer in order to do it the healthy way. I would love ANY friends that I can be of encouragement to and I can be there for (: Please don't hesitate and best wishes!

Replies

• tnb4ever08
    Options
    im always looking for friends and support....add me if you like...im 28 with two boys...my starting weight was 235 and im down to about 199!!! hard work will definitely get you there! ive always had a love/hate relationship with food but im learning to enjoy my favs but also eat healthy!
  • annamorrison90
    annamorrison90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess! My name is Anna and we are weight twins. :) I am 5'5" and 3/4 and I weight 208. I have been working on it for a few months now but have only lost 5 pounds. I'd like to ramp up my weight loss. I gained 90 pounds in six months because of a medication in 2011 and so I thought I could lose it just as easy but I was dead wrong. I even worked out with a trainer and dieted daily over that time period, I actually gained weight doing that and because I took exercise to such an extreme I got low sodium levels and was bedsick for a week. I love my body and I love my curves and muscle definition, but I don't like my weight. I would like to be friends with someone that doesn't beat themselves up about their weight, and instead tries to be productive. There's nothing I can't stand more than comments about my body, and if someone criticizes my body, it hurts my self-esteem and that in turn hurts my weight loss goals. If you are still looking for a fitness pal, I would love to help and I would be very encouraging. I am looking for someone to do the same for me. I am new to the site also, and need to network.

Good luck,
    Anna
  • snelljessica
    snelljessica Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Congrats on your weight loss! And for getting under 200 lbs! That is an awesome milestone! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Aries4174
    Options
    Hi !!! Jess, I too have been on myfitness before and fell off the bandwagon due to different things happening in my life. I just started back on yesterday and I would love to encourage you as I keep myself encouraged on this much needed journey. :happy:
  • snelljessica
    Options
    Anna, how funny that we are the same height and weight! It's awesome to find someone on the same journey! I would love to be a buddy to you, thank you so much! (: It really isn't easy at all but we can do it!
  • snelljessica
    Options
    Are you an Aries too, Aries? (: Thank you! We won't fall off the ban wagon again! I know it! (:
  • gianamicole
    gianamicole Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im a returning user too, feel free to add me :)
  • EmilyRachR
    Options
    Hi Jessica im looking for friends and support too. It's my 30th birthday in march and i would love to have lost some weight by then. Im just going through a divorce and have put on 25 pounds in the past year. I've never been this big before and im determined to lose it :yawn: can't believe im awake this late! Any support would be lovely and im happy to support anyone else too. By the way im from the UK, cheers Emily x
  • pereyram
    Options
    Hey Jess, My name is Melissa and i used this before my wedding and lost 10 pounds but have since gained it all back. I am currently 180lbs and would love to lose weight but also wanna get into shape so that i can run, eventually i wana run a 1/2 marathon. I would love support. Add me if you want.
  • 4C_diva
    4C_diva Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Sharon. I am looking for support buddies and supporting others in their journies. Please feel free to add me; I would love to have you as online support!!
  • glossgirl19
    Options
    I would LOVE to be friends! All i have ever done is fall off the wagon!! We can make this happen!
  • TusTus
    TusTus Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me-the more the merrier!!!
    :heart: Lori
  • Mazydasiy2001
    Mazydasiy2001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello there Jess welcome back to fitness pal. I'm always looking to meet new peolpe here MFP. So hoping we can help each other out. My name is Kim. And I have gained alot weight over the last couple of months. But actually had a good day today. Look forward to talking with you.

Kim
  • Beverlydonnor
    Options
    Good Luck????
    You know how to lose it~ maintaining is the most challenging.
    Finally at 56 I have found my inner strength~this you have!
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: ^^^^^ so true!!!! Maintenance is the hardest part!!!!- I am also a newbie here-day 7-i will hit the scale tomorrow, hope it will pay off, I am a WW life timer too, so I KNOW WHAT TO DO ,just got too lazy in the past year-But now is the time to hit it hard!!!!
    I am OBSESSED with this site-add me if you wish :0
  • snelljessica
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the friendliness and support! I am confident that we can make our life changes with the help of each other! (: Good luck to all!
  • DropOfSweat
    Options
    You're welcome to add me also.
    I'm 25, working mother of 3, and let me tell ya, the beginning always seems to be the hardest. I've been stuck at the beginning for months!
  • emilysmellz
    emilysmellz Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend, I'm constantly on & off the bandwagon, and recently had surgery which led to me gaining back 8 lbs. :( But, constantly logging in for 400+ days to check up on friends, and be a cheerleader! We got this girl.
  • tjelsholz
    tjelsholz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am returning after some months of having fallen off the bandwagon. I know how hard it is and I have definitely been my own worst critic. BUT now I am back on and trying this thing again! I'm 34, married with children. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • Taneshass
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and I would love new motivated friends .. I was 212 lbs and now I'm down to 204.6 lbs! I would love to support others and have them support me. Good Luck All.