Under 40 and need to lose over 50!

Options
Hi there!
I was hoping to find some new friends to add on MFP. I'm 25, 5'8 and my goal is to lose 85 lbs! I'm over 200 lbs now and want to be under 150.

I'm a MUCH better dieter than exerciser, though when the weather is warm, I love biking, canoeing and zip-lining. I'm just not a fan of the gym. =)

If anyone out there wants to add me and you fit the subject line, please do! I'd love to exchange war stories and also connect with people who are in the same boat =).

Replies

• rabidbuttons
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you! lol
  • snelljessica
    snelljessica Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, I am an excellent dieter but when it comes to exercising it's hard to get my butt outside!
  • heralda80
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 32, just hit over the 250 lb mark and knew i had to do somethings. My problem is the opposite. I can exercise, just not diet, but I have been putting forth an effort. I love chocolate and skip a lot of meals to due my work schedule and hectic life.
  • glossgirl19
    Options
    Thank you so much for your post. I just joined tonight!! I am 32 and need to lose AT least 50lbs., more like 65lbs. I am at 215lbs right now. I can get myself to the gym BUT I am an awful dieter. I have never lost any weight ever! I'm not sure I can even do it. I hope so! This so cool to be able to chat with others!
  • justinegrey
    justinegrey Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey there.. I'm brand new (well apparently I created this acct 2 years ago haha but never used it ugh) and also have 50+ pounds to lose. I'm a 27 year old mom of two. We can do it!
  • maryjacks81
    Options
    I am in the same boat as all of you and currently the friends I am with on here are 20 lbs ahead of me and only have about 10lbs left to go...I need to be with people who are on the same page as me because I keep getting discouraged seeing there achievements! Anyway hope you all dont mind, but I am going to friend you all since you seem to have very similar goals as me! I am 5'5" and 225. I have no problem staying at my calories, but seem to be gaining so I know i need to step up my exercise, but just cant get motivated.
  • christypaxson
    Options
    I have over 90 to lose...right here with ya! Add me if you would like! :)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat - 34 years old, 220lb with a goal weight of between 155 and 165.

I'm now 180lb, and still making steady progress. Hopefully that can serve as some motivation for you - it can be done.
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm still under 40! 39 for the moment. At my heaviest I was 260. I was 252 when I started here at the end of Oct and am at 241. I love roller coasters but this one is no fun. It's great to come here and see motivating people! Everyone keep on going and keep up the great work!
  • katelin678
    Options
    HI everyone! New to this site. I'm a mom of 2, 23 years old and i weigh 195. been trying to lose weight for 5 years and seems like everything i try i gain. need motivation.
  • TheBigFish711
    Options
    37 here, with 130 total to lose, and almost halfway to my goal! Feel free to add me if you'd like, and good luck with your journey!!
  • JessicaB523
    JessicaB523 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    26 here with over 50 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    If you see my bar here, you know how much I have to go. I shall walk with you, if you wish.
  • tam87tam
    Options
    I feel ya! It took me months of thinking about it, but now that I am actually doing it - it is much easier than I thought. It's the first step - the first time you go to the gym - that's the hardest. Now, I actually get excited to work out because I see the numbers drop.

I joined this site years ago, but never did much with it. I started again about 2 weeks ago - at over 226 pounds and am already down 5. I know it isn't much - but it's a start!
  • tam87tam
    Options
    i meant my last post to be a reply to maryjacks81's post...but i messed something up. oops!