I DESPERATELY NEED FRIENDS TO PUSH ME AND PUSH ME HARD!!

Options
I had a great regimen going there for a while during late 2010 and into 2011 when i had a work related injury... a dislocated sacroiliac joint... VERY PAINFUL... well. i had went from 259 all the way down to 223 (major achievement for me) and now im back up to to 260 again because i took 6 months off from the gym... i was just too afraid to injure myself again.... well, me n the guys at work have started up our "biggest loser" competition again and am hoping to walk away victorious with a weight loss way BEYOND my previous accomplishments.... anyone wanna add me and push, nag, torment, and bother me into submission and MAKE ME attend the gym a little more consistently than before, IT WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!!

Replies

• ktdiddy
    ktdiddy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend! I also need a little motivation - have lost 22kg so far and want to lose 13-16kg more.
    I have lost 90% through diet alone but realise that exercise is going to have to feature if I want to be toned.
    I hate exercise!
  • glossgirl19
    Options
    We can help each other!! We will get there!
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    I burned 988 calories after a massive workout today if that doesn't motivate you I don't know what will ;) It's about time to take charge. Do you know that our mind has the tendency to give up first before our body? Believe You can do it. Best of luck!
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I struggle myself on exercise, getting better but also need pushing, you can friend me and we can help each other through it!!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    walk walk walk!
    it is boring but it will drop the weight!
  • ramsfan84
    ramsfan84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just send you a friend request.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Friend request coming....
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    No amount of exercise makes up for what you do in the kitchen! Got to have the balance to succeed... take a peak at my profile...If you feel I could be of service... send me a FR! :)
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't MAKE you do anything, but I can encourage you, cheer you on, and remind you that you MUST be victorious over your coworkers. If my meager contribution can suffice, feel free to send a friend request.

And I agree with groomchick... fitness happens in the gym, weight loss happens in the kitchen.
  • bluevmax92
    bluevmax92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thank you for all the friend requests... i appreciate it.... i have the p90x set and also the insanity workout and just feel so intimidated by both of these workouts.... for now, ill stick to what i know best.... THEY WILL BE THERE FOR ME WHEN IM READY....

ALSO, PLEASE HELP ME BY PUSHING MY SISTER... SHE IS ON HERE AND IS LISTED AS "DIANE FAMBRY"... PLEASE LADIES, help me by friending my sister...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting to lose this weight quickly? Or long-term? Because these two goals are very often contradictory.
  • HandyASH
    HandyASH Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I need a push as well to work out. add me
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you need that much outside nagging and pushing and "motivation," you're not ready to do this. The first and foremost thing to do is have the motivation already, and then add people who are like minded along the way.

Also, you didn't gain weight back because you didn't make it to the gym, you gained weight back because you consistently went over your maintenance calories. Weight loss is a caloric deficit, nothing more, nothing less. Exercise helps increase that deficit and is great for body composition as well. If you realize you're gaining weight, either add activity or lower the calories or a mixture of both.

This take a while to do right, and to find a "system" for lack of a better word, that is sustainable for the long haul. I, personally, don't try and restrict myself from any certain foods, I just try to make room in my day for what I want, and occasionally, go over just because it's not that big a deal. Maintain your calories as close to 90% of the time, or better, and just let it happen. It will come off and you'll know how to keep it off.
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to, add me as well! I'm not in serious need of nagging, maybe some motivation, but its always nice to have friends on here to encourage as well, I'm down 15 lbs in 2 months, and i plan on another 50 by summer! aiming for a world full of beach bodies!