stopping exercise from being added to food cal allowed

Options
When I exercise it adds more calories to my Food calories I am allowed, I dont want it to do that, I want it to stop where I told it, is there a way to fix that?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Only by logging your exercise as 0 or just don't add it.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    adding your exercise and saying that you only burned 1 calorie..this way your exercise is logged but doesn't change anything onto the calories you can eat
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    If dont want it to ADD my exercize cals, I log it as one calorie, but at least I know I worked out....
  • weston23
    weston23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for asking this question, and I saw a pal who had the one cal deal, and I responded, oh I am sure you burned more, lol, now that I know. So glad I read this :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I just ignore it. I don't normally eat back my calories either.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Since you are new here, MFP is set up that way for a reason - it is not good to eat at too large a deficit for a long time - for one thing it is hard to sustain, and you are more likely to lose muscle in addition to fat, and your weight loss can actually slow down after a while.

Your calorie deficit is already built in, and any exercise you do will add to that, so it is best to eat those calories back. That being said, remember that these are just estimates - you have to figure out what works for you.

I lost 35+ pounds always eating back my calories, and as I got closer to my goal, I actually upped my calories, and continued to lose at a similar rate.
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Since you are new here, MFP is set up that way for a reason - it is not good to eat at too large a deficit for a long time - for one thing it is hard to sustain, and you are more likely to lose muscle in addition to fat, and your weight loss can actually slow down after a while.

Your calorie deficit is already built in, and any exercise you do will add to that, so it is best to eat those calories back. That being said, remember that these are just estimates - you have to figure out what works for you.

I lost 35+ pounds always eating back my calories, and as I got closer to my goal, I actually upped my calories, and continued to lose at a similar rate.

This is correct.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for asking this question, and I saw a pal who had the one cal deal, and I responded, oh I am sure you burned more, lol, now that I know. So glad I read this :)

I had a friend on here do that too when I first started and replied "I think you left out a couple of zeros" ..they never replied. Now I know it's probably because they thought I was a dumb a**
  • Frugalcountrymom
    Frugalcountrymom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the postive responses to this question I want to keep track of all the calories I burned for the exercises so I guess I need to decide to keep it "0" & write it else where like the exercise blog or just ignore it. Natalie thanks also for the advice on the calorie burning method it makes sense.