Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Small Gym, HRM, and Newbies

I've been going to my gym for 6 months now and I use a Polar F4. My HRM is picked up on my machine and machines near by when I work out because I have a small gym with crammed machines. Needless to say, the newbies have been having problems with it. They want me to move my HRM?? Or look at me funny because it's effecting their reading... etc...

Two questions:
Is there any way to control your HRM from being picked up on other machines?
And, is it wrong that I don't give a &*%$ if it's bothering the newbies?

Replies

• xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    I'm not aware of any way to change that issue, but I just wouldn't advertize that you are wearing it. Most people aren't looking at their heart rates anway and if they care that much they can get their own monitor. If it were me I would keep doing my thing and unless someone that works at the gym has a problem with it or a solution I'd keep wearing it.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Just make sure your monitor is covered by a shirt.

Several years ago I was working out next to a friend and my machine picked up both his monitor and mine. If those readings were correct my heart would have blown a gasket.
  • ehmadore
    ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
    I don't advertise it. Some how they know. And my heart rate monitor is under my shirt but you have to wear the watch on your wrist. Or I hang it off my water bottle sometimes.