Question for those who have lost over 100lbs ...

Options
2»

Replies

• Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I started at 312 pounds and I am now 185 so I think I fit into the over 100 category.
    My body shape distributes fat all over. I think that might have an impact in it.
    I would say that maybe I have a little extra skin but I also think it might just be more fat. I am maintaining a weight that is overweight for my height but I didn't want to be ultra skinny. Most people don't even think I am overweight right now. They don't even really believe I weighed over 312 pounds either...
    I have some pics on my profile...
  • fiercekindness
    fiercekindness Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You have gotten a lot of great advice, which I agree with. I've lost 200+ pounds and I agree the slower you go the less skin you'll have but bottom line it depends on your body. And from what I hear if you just give it time and I mean at least a year or more your skin will retract some, and then make your decision. I am 25 and I have some extra skin, and to me it seems like a lot, but in reality it may not be. It can be discouraging and frustrating at times to look at it, but then I just have to really force myself to see it differently. Like a reminder of where I came from and where I don't want to go back to!!! The slower you go the faster you'll get there is what a good friend told me me.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Nearing 200 lbs. lost over the course of 3 years. I have a little bit around my lower belly area. I still have another 90-100 I want to drop. I notice it's shrinking over time.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I must say that you all have had some awesome ideas and great inspirations. I so hope I can stick with this. It's going to be a long journey.

Thanks everyone.