Kettlebells?

Options
Any success with just kettlebells and cardio? I will be starting a kettlebell routine soon and just curious. Thanks!!!

Replies

• rwalston86
    rwalston86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just started KB workouts as well. Feel free to add me! =)
  • katiesmith09
    katiesmith09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been using kettlebells for 1 week now and doing the SHAPE 15min routine plus running...So far I see a difference in my run time since using them- and my bum feels more toned lol.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells helped me develop lower body strength to assist with taking on big hills on my bicycle.
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have been doing kettlebell workouts once a week for about 6 weeks now. I have found it has strengthened my core very quickly. I don't generally get terribly sore after the workouts, except my wrists where the bell was quicker than me I get light bruises for a day or 3. honestly, it's like a yoga class for me, with the windmills, and the get ups, and stuff. I would almost give up my crossfit days for kettlebells 3x week if it was possible. Also, a good kettlebell workout is also cardio, so no need to do both unless you like cardio fo the sake of cardio.
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thanks every one :)
  • rebeccagustafson
    rebeccagustafson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Kettle bell workouts are awesome. I brother-in-law is a corporate wellness coordinator and he suggests doing the kettlebell workout and then adding cardio. I choose to do a 20 minute kettlebell workout and then 10-20 minutes on the elliptical.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Any success with just kettlebells and cardio? I will be starting a kettlebell routine soon and just curious. Thanks!!!

Do you have a specific routine? If you are just beginning some of the moves can be tricky and it is recommended that you do joint mobility exercises so your muscles don't become "stiff". Just curious on your routine as I have done a few and love them all! Great strength/Cardio.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I love my kettlebells. I have a few different dvd's. When I first started my arms would shake a bit, now they dont. I have lost a couple inches off my arms also and my arm muscles are more defined.
  • shanander
    shanander Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned, KBs are strength and cardio. It is a total body workout if done correctly. I do it 4x a week and hope to soon add in yoga for a good stretch 2x a week.

Wrist guards are very helpful to prevent wrists being beat up. I have bad wrists and I've found this is a great workout for me (I do the skogg system dvds)
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor. 10min into the workout you need to be above 140bpm. Keep it above 140 until the end of the workout. 5 days a week of this...and you will drop those lbs. use kettlebells if you like them. or anything that gets that hear rate up. I like spin class and running and elliptical machine. and, if you want tone, hit the weights once in a while :smile:
  • pebblesbuddy
    pebblesbuddy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Be very careful with your form and kettlebells. I pulled a muscle when I first started doing the form wrong. Make sure you thrust with your hips and squeeze your butt cheeks. Like someone is trying to stick a finger in your butt. Sounds gross but it totally works. I incorporate kettlebells with my crossfit workouts so not all the time but I definitely feel the burn. GL!
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    I was thinking that you have to be burnign a lot of caloris with kettlebells considering how much heavy breathing you do just after a few minutes into a kettlebell circuit. My air passages just opened up and it was like breathing like I never breathed before. I guess that must be a real true blessing on my heart huh?

My real question is though, do you really burn 400 calories in twenty minutes? That seems like a lot. I did 5 minutes of kettlebell circuit today. Does that mean I really burned over 800 carlories in a single workout? Becaus eif that is the absolute truth, that is really awesome. I will be doing this a lot more often.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!