What is best wheat bread?

Options
What wheat bread tastes best and has less calories? Or is a multi-grain better? I just don't like a bitter tasting bread.

Replies

• noluckducky15
    noluckducky15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Sara Lee 45 Calories and Delighful Bread. I either get just 100% wheat or the 100% wheat with honey. You wont taste a difference, it tastes exactly the same!! Did i mention only 45 calories a slice?
  • Realtorbiggestloser
    Options
    Ok Thanks. Is the one with honey more calories?
  • Jamimelt
    Options
    Nature's Own has a 50 calorie wheat bread that is really good too. Its usually cheaper than the other low calorie bread as well.
  • tutti777
    Options
    It isn't low calorie but I love Arnolds Health Nut bread. Love the taste and texture. I just don't go overboard with it. I prefer to make a 1 slice sandwich with this than use 2 slices of the low calorie that doesn't have a lot of taste. I also really like Arnold's rounds, only 100 calories and I get the whole wheat.
  • noluckducky15
    noluckducky15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Nope the honey one is the same amount of calories! i find the honey one is a bit sweeter, but both are very good and sweet, you'd never guess they are low-calorie. My 2 year old loves it, she gobbles it up with no problems
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Sara Lee 45 Calories and Delighful Bread. I either get just 100% wheat or the 100% wheat with honey. You wont taste a difference, it tastes exactly the same!! Did i mention only 45 calories a slice?

This! yummy!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I like the Natures Own Double Fiber wheat bread. Looks like a regular slice of sandwich bread instead of the thin sliced stuff. It is only 50 cals per slice. They even have a Sugar Free wheat bread. Both toast up nice without turning into a crouton.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel 4:9
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Nope the honey one is the same amount of calories! i find the honey one is a bit sweeter, but both are very good and sweet, you'd never guess they are low-calorie. My 2 year old loves it, she gobbles it up with no problems

The honey one with peanut butter and jelly..yumm and this from a girl who adores and misses wonder bread!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Dave's Killer Bread Light. (organic) .....so yummy.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Would prefer Nature's Own (had it when we went on vacation to the Outer Banks in May but they do not sell it in my area so I went back to my Favorite which is Sara Lee's 45 calorie bread I switch up between the Wheat and the Multigrain, love them both.... Best of Luck.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm a Dave's Killer Bread fan myself
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

The honey one with peanut butter and jelly..yumm and this from a girl who adores and misses wonder bread!!

Nature's Own parent company just bought the rights to start making Wonder bread.... So sit tight it shouldn't be long til you see it back on the shelves.....
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel 4:9
    Yes
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I like Orowheat Double Fiber. I don't usually like sandwich-sliced bread, but I like this one.

Calories 70
    Total Fat 2 g
    Sodium 130 mg
    Total Carbs 18 g
    Dietary Fiber 5 g
    Protein 4 g
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Nature Own varieties taste the best to me. Stay away form Bunny Bread whole wheat. Very bitter.
  • Realtorbiggestloser
    Options
    Great Thanks. I will try both
  • sylvabelle89
    sylvabelle89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I only eat Sara Lee 45 cals and delightful 100% whole wheat bread.

As for some cheese that is totally awesome..... kraft skim american cheese weighing in at 25 cals.

:)
  • LK0321
    LK0321 Posts: 25
    Options
    I love Daves's Killer Bread, he has a powerseed kind, so tasty, no preservatives, all natural. So soft and yummy!