cant eat eggs

Options
ant suggestions for good breakfasts.I cant eat eggs -allergic. ???

Replies

• nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    What comes personally to mind for me is oats/porridge or Yoghurt.

However, have you consider that your options are open to include anything that you might eat at any other time of the day. A salad. A nice steak. No need to be conventional. The difference between a typical 'Breakfast' 'Lunch' 'Dinner' are purely arbitrary. Have them out of order. I don't think your body would care.
  • cheryl117
    Options
    I find oatmeal to be very filling
  • CountryBliss
    Options
    I agree that "traditional" food options really don't matter.

But some options may be fruits or applesauce.

Or making a fruit smoothie with just a banana and juice.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I don't really like eggs and I usually have something of the following for breakfast:

- greek yogurt, fruit and granola/cereal
    - toast/english muffin/mini bagel with peanutbutter or cream cheese and yogurt on the side
    - proatmeal (oatmeal with protein powder stirred in after cooking) and different toppings

Last week I had leftover chocolate chips pancakes with peanutbutter and turkey bacon on the side *yum*
  • gc2951
    gc2951 Posts: 30
    Options
    I also am allergic to eggs. For breakfast, I make breakfast burritos minus egg, lite turkey sausage with 2% fat american cheese on a sandwich thin, or peanutbutter and lite strawberry cream cheese ona whole wheat bagel or waffle. If I bake muffins, I substitute 2 tablespoons of yogurt for each egg required or you can find egg replacement powder at the health food store.
    I do not limit myself to "breakfast" food either. If it is good for you and you like it, why not have it for breakfast?
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I got a new thing I like to throw in for my breakfasts. Quinoa with 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries, 1 tablespoons raisins and a 1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon. Pretty good stuff.
  • kimmcconkey
    kimmcconkey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I can't eat eggs either since having my son 7 months ago. I have the old standby of whole wheat toast with natural PB and a cup of coffee. Sometimes I make a coffee protein shake if I'm in a rush (unsweetened almond milk, chocolate protein powder, instant coffee and a tbsp of flavoured creamer).
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    We were trying out a vegan diet at one point and my boyfriend started making us faux eggs for breakfast tacos with tofu.

1/2 block firm tofu broken up into smaller pieces (after draining etc)
    turmeric
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    paprika
    s&p

cook in a pan until heated through and mash up while cooking to make it look like eggs.
    add veggies to your liking, like onions, mushrooms or beans

They take a little getting used to but after a couple tries I started to really like them. We used to stuff them in tortillas with salsa & hotsauce. Just an option!
  • kimmcconkey
    kimmcconkey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    On Sundays I like to bake something. Been trying out gluten free coffee cakes (with almond flour-YUM!) and tomorrow I'm attempting a whole wheat banana cake with PB frosting.
  • linda6032
    linda6032 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to eggs too. My favorite breakfast is oatmeal and blueberries.
    Sometimes I make muffins (substitute applesauce for eggs in the recipe). Half a whole wheat bagel and low fat cream cheese is good -- or peanut butter and jelly (read labels carefully and go for peanut butter that has just peanuts in it). Pancakes made with applesauce instead of eggs are also good. And lite maple syrup. I can eat egg beaters without allergy problems -- they are pretty good scrambled with sweet onions and red and green peppers.
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I often toast an English muffin, put 1 tbsp of peanut butter on it and a tsp. of mini chocolate chips. It's awesome. I second the oats, I recently discovered steel cut oats, and they are delicious. I also am a fan of hummus for breakfast.
  • melissaann262
    Options
    shakeology! I get my entire day's worth of fruits and vegetables in one yummy shake. http://ow.ly/gLqhp
  • jo0213
    jo0213 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have an egg allergy, too. And, not very good at eating breakfast (the most important meal of the day, right?).
    Thanks for posting. I love all of the ideas. Keep 'em coming!
  • 7sherry3
    Options
    I love all these Ideas thanks for posting. I am going to try these.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Canadian bacon ("back bacon" or "pea meal bacon" for you Canadians) is great for breakfast. I make a bowl of steel cut oats (better for you than quick oats) and fry a couple of pieces of Canadian bacon to go along with it. Yummy!

Quinoa is good for breakfast too. You serve it the same way you would oatmeal. It is much higher in protein than oatmeal.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I usually have oatmeal or a banana. My co worker never eats breakfast food though. She will have anything from a sandwich to left over dinner from the night before to pizza. You can eat whatever you want. I can't eat eggs either. I am not allergic I just think they are nasty.
  • jillymurdoch
    jillymurdoch Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic, too! And there is only so much oatmeal a girl can eat. One of my fav breakfasts is inspired by Costa Rica: rice and beans. My latest kick is Chok though ... not meant to be a breakfast food, but I love it in the morning. It's a rice porridge, and I add shredded chicken, ginger, soy sauce and chili sauce for flavouring. Super easy to make, balanced, and surprisingly not heavy as one cup of brown rice makes me about 8 servings.