Looking for friends with 80+ to lose

Options
HI Everyone,

I joined this site on the 2nd. I have met some amazing people on here and am looking for more people for my support network. I am a married stay at home mom of 3 (ages 5,3 and 1-1/2) and trying to lose 100 lbs by next Jan 1st. I am doing great so far- 12 lbs and 15 inches down and many more to go. I looked into bariatric procedures and attended seminars but want to do this on my own through a healthy diet and exercise. I try to keep things positive during this process by encouraging my friends.

One thing though, Please do not add me unless you are serious about your program. I am really looking for friends who have lost or are in the process of losing a significant amount of weight.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and for the support!

~MNCMOM3

Replies

• drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats on your success so far!

Feel free to add me if you like. I still have about 80-90 pounds to go before I reach my ideal weight, and I am definitely here to stay! I'd be happy to have another person serious about their lifestyle change on my friends list :)
  • mncmom3
    mncmom3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the nice message :). I sent a request.
  • kckrahn
    kckrahn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • PJ8911
    PJ8911 Posts: 12
    Options
    Congratz on your progress so far!! Feel free to add me.
  • gianamicole
    gianamicole Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I haven't weighed myself yet but I joined on the 1st with my mom so hopefully I've lost :)
  • mncmom3
    mncmom3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your replies :). Requests have been sent. The support from friends so helpful. I didnt feel like getting my workout in and my friend had a kick *kitten* day- so it inspired me to get going. I felt so much better once I was done. Things like that are what this is all about. Good luck on your journeys!!
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    congrats on starting the journey. I am a mumof 4 , 39 yrs old and over the last 18mths have lost 97 pounds through diet and exercise my way! i have between 30-40 pound to loss still depending on how i feel when i get there! Feel free to add me for support Suzi
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. looking to lose 100lbs if not more. feel free to add me so we can support each other. I don't plan on quitting because I'm down 17 lbs and counting.
  • MenayD
    MenayD Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you can add me too if you like! I have around 85-100 lbs to lose before i reach a healthy weight range for my height. i started working out since the 1st and i am proud to say i am down a few pounds. i struggled a bit in the beginning, but i have really hit my stride i think. i too am hoping to lose most of the weight by next january.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 to lose, some where around there I guess i will know when I get there... My dr's told me my only option was WLS, and that was 38lbs ago... you CAN do this!!

Feel free to add me!
  • ladylumps12
    ladylumps12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning to start my journey on loosing 100+lbs. It will be a long road but I am looking forward to reaping all the rewards of weight loss....Good luck to all of us!
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me....we are all on this journey together to support and encourage....sometimes we need to lean on other mfp members and sometimes we can be a huge support. We will fall, but we will get back up.....we CAN do this!!!
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    87 down, 20 or so to go, and I'll re-evaluate from there. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm on regularly and try to be supportive and motivating to my MFP friends.
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've been on mfp since Oct 2012 and have lost 33 lbs so far. I still have 73lbs to go, and I'm on here every day. Feel free to add me, we'll do this together!

Sandi
  • paulamortimer56
    Options
    Hi Sandi,

I started my weight loss program seriously last week Sunday. Hopefully by the summer I will lose at least 25 lbs. it would be wonderful to join you in your. As soon as I figure out how to add you, we can compare our results. And please feel free to add me.
  • angie72478
    angie72478 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday...still trying to figure things out. I have already lost 45 pounds, but still have about 80-100 pounds to lose. I just started a 12 week weigh loss challenge, and would love some support and motivation to keep going, so if anyone would add me, I'd appreciate it!!! Thanks, Angie
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind an old fat man add me...I'm on my way to lose about 100 more pounds. Have lost 76 already, let's do this.
  • cheridino
    Options
    Please :happy: feel free to add me. I have still 70 pounds to loose.
  • 1Bigtink
    1Bigtink Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as a friend. I am just starting my journey to lose 100 lbs. I was on this journey once before and lost almost 50 lbs. but due to many medical issues I gained some of my weight back. Some of my medical issues are under control and many are still a mystery & I am still undergoing test. But I cannot use the unknown as an excuse any longer. It is time for me to take control of what I can & make the changes that are needed to move forward with my journey towards a healthy life.. SEW :flowerforyou:
  • chigau_me
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! I'm a mom too, though i have only one 14 months old boy :)