binge eaters?

Options
I'm a night eater trying to stay in my calorie goal. Not doing a very good job.

Any suggestions? Anyone in the same boat?

Replies

• TanselJones
    TanselJones Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Set up your diet where you can have a large snack at night.
    Eat more of your daily calories later in the evening.
    Drink an ice cold glass of water when you get that urge.
    Think about why you are having that urge and then relax. For me, it's usually because at the end of the day I'm thinking about things and stressing.

Hope one of these helps you. They have helped me since I have started using them
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely a binge eater. The only thing that works for me is distracting myself from my cravings by doing activities that necessitate both mind and body. I knit and journal most of the time. Feel free to add me and marvel at my cal overages from today.
  • trainingdirty
    trainingdirty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    brush your teeth! minty teeth + food = no good!

another thing i do is chew Dessert Delights gum. it's 5 cals a stick and honestly it's super good! it definitely controls my cravings.
  • stefosaurusrawrrrr
    Options
    Oh gosh, yes. I've had a HUGE problem with bingeing over the past year. I've been recovering from an eating disorder and went from restricting to bingeing to purging to bingeing and UGH.

Anyway, I think I've got it largely under control at the moment. I've found that not keeping the binge food in the house really helps. Also, if you can tough it out, try to go for a few days without bingeing, and then see how you feel. The cravings are absolute KILLER at first, but if you can push through it, after a month or so the cravings will decrease a lot. I haven't binged since mid-November and my cravings are pretty much all gone now! I never thought I'd be able to get that far.

I also try to fill up on lots of healthy foods, and I'm trying to determine when something is physical hunger versus psychological hunger. I allow myself a 'treat' once or twice a day, it really does help decrease bingeing because the cravings for a certain food are satisfied! Also, distractions can work, maybe you could even come on MFP and post for support when you feel a binge coming on. Chewing gum sometimes does work too :] and I always, always brush my teeth as soon as I finish a meal, because food tastes gross after toothpaste, haha.

Good luck! You can do it :]