Protein

Options
I have received a negative six in my protein column in my food diary. what does this mean and how do I correct this? I weigh 220 lbs I'm 5'10 and my goal weight is 180 lbs.

Replies

• Sunflowergirl1
    Sunflowergirl1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site too, but I think it simply means you have logged (eaten) 6 more protein than your daily goal. I have seen lots of folks saying as we are getting started it is most important to focus on eating the correct number of calories, so I don't think it is a problem to go over or under slightly on the macronutrients on occasion as long as the calories goals are hit.
  • philch4v13
    philch4v13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I also just started on Monday and I have the same problem. I posted about it a few days ago and everyone said not to worry about going over on your protein unless you have problems with i believe it was kidneys. I dont worry about it. Hope this helps
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I have not adjusted the macro nutrients from what MPF has given me(2months in now) and from what I've been reading in many posts is that MFP actually calculates low protein. So, do not worry about going over your protein. I am over my protein all the time and I do it consciously. Protein will help you stay full. Unless you were only eating protein don't worry about going over your #'s even if it's more then the 6-10 that you've been seeing. I tend to average 20 over and I'm not doing anything more then eating normally and healthy.