Looking for friends with 80+ to lose

HI Everyone,

I joined this site on the 2nd. I have met some amazing people on here and am looking for more people for my support network. I am a married stay at home mom of 3 (ages 5,3 and 1-1/2) and trying to lose 100 lbs by next Jan 1st. I am doing great so far- 12 lbs and 15 inches down and many more to go. I looked into bariatric procedures and attended seminars but want to do this on my own through a healthy diet and exercise. I try to keep things positive during this process by encouraging my friends.

One thing though, Please do not add me unless you are serious about your program. I am really looking for friends who have lost or are in the process of losing a significant amount of weight.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and for the support!

~MNCMOM3

Replies

• drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Welcome, and congrats on your success so far!

Feel free to add me if you like. I still have about 80-90 pounds to go before I reach my ideal weight, and I am definitely here to stay! I'd be happy to have another person serious about their lifestyle change on my friends list :)
  • mncmom3
    mncmom3 Posts: 42 Member
    Thank you for the nice message :). I sent a request.
  • kckrahn
    kckrahn Posts: 52 Member
    Feel free to add me :)
  • PJ8911
    PJ8911 Posts: 12
    Congratz on your progress so far!! Feel free to add me.
  • gianamicole
    gianamicole Posts: 39 Member
    Feel free to add me, I haven't weighed myself yet but I joined on the 1st with my mom so hopefully I've lost :)
  • mncmom3
    mncmom3 Posts: 42 Member
    Thank you so much for your replies :). Requests have been sent. The support from friends so helpful. I didnt feel like getting my workout in and my friend had a kick *kitten* day- so it inspired me to get going. I felt so much better once I was done. Things like that are what this is all about. Good luck on your journeys!!
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    congrats on starting the journey. I am a mumof 4 , 39 yrs old and over the last 18mths have lost 97 pounds through diet and exercise my way! i have between 30-40 pound to loss still depending on how i feel when i get there! Feel free to add me for support Suzi
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    I am in the same boat. looking to lose 100lbs if not more. feel free to add me so we can support each other. I don't plan on quitting because I'm down 17 lbs and counting.
  • MenayD
    MenayD Posts: 31 Member
    you can add me too if you like! I have around 85-100 lbs to lose before i reach a healthy weight range for my height. i started working out since the 1st and i am proud to say i am down a few pounds. i struggled a bit in the beginning, but i have really hit my stride i think. i too am hoping to lose most of the weight by next january.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    I have about 100 to lose, some where around there I guess i will know when I get there... My dr's told me my only option was WLS, and that was 38lbs ago... you CAN do this!!

Feel free to add me!
  • ladylumps12
    ladylumps12 Posts: 12 Member
    I am just beginning to start my journey on loosing 100+lbs. It will be a long road but I am looking forward to reaping all the rewards of weight loss....Good luck to all of us!
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Feel free to add me....we are all on this journey together to support and encourage....sometimes we need to lean on other mfp members and sometimes we can be a huge support. We will fall, but we will get back up.....we CAN do this!!!
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 275 Member
    87 down, 20 or so to go, and I'll re-evaluate from there. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm on regularly and try to be supportive and motivating to my MFP friends.
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Hi!

I've been on mfp since Oct 2012 and have lost 33 lbs so far. I still have 73lbs to go, and I'm on here every day. Feel free to add me, we'll do this together!

Sandi
  • Hi Sandi,

I started my weight loss program seriously last week Sunday. Hopefully by the summer I will lose at least 25 lbs. it would be wonderful to join you in your. As soon as I figure out how to add you, we can compare our results. And please feel free to add me.
  • angie72478
    angie72478 Posts: 2 Member
    I just joined yesterday...still trying to figure things out. I have already lost 45 pounds, but still have about 80-100 pounds to lose. I just started a 12 week weigh loss challenge, and would love some support and motivation to keep going, so if anyone would add me, I'd appreciate it!!! Thanks, Angie
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    If you don't mind an old fat man add me...I'm on my way to lose about 100 more pounds. Have lost 76 already, let's do this.
  • Please :happy: feel free to add me. I have still 70 pounds to loose.
  • 1Bigtink
    1Bigtink Posts: 20 Member
    Anyone can add me as a friend. I am just starting my journey to lose 100 lbs. I was on this journey once before and lost almost 50 lbs. but due to many medical issues I gained some of my weight back. Some of my medical issues are under control and many are still a mystery & I am still undergoing test. But I cannot use the unknown as an excuse any longer. It is time for me to take control of what I can & make the changes that are needed to move forward with my journey towards a healthy life.. SEW :flowerforyou:
  • Hi, feel free to add me! I'm a mom too, though i have only one 14 months old boy :)