~90 cal, Low Carb, High Protein Peanut Butter Cookie!

Options
Hrl1993
Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
Yummm. This is great! Tastes close enough to the real thing but definitely fits into a carb/cal watchers diet :)

Ingredients:
2 tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Whey Gourmet Vanilla Ice Cream, it's 120 cals/.25 cup)
1 tbsp Fiber Powder
~1/2 tsp Peanut Butter (non negotiable...no PB2 here! You need the fat or your cookie will be super dry)
1-1.5 tsp Plain or Vanilla FF Greek Yogurt
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
Teeny pinch of salt

Combine the protein powder, fiber powder, baking powder and salt in a very small container. Add in the PB (it's easiest if you can warm this a bit) and Greek yogurt and stir until it's a dough-ish consistency (it may be a little more dry than you're used to).

Scoop it out of your container, flatten and stick on a PAMed microwave safe plate for 30 seconds (it will definitely "grow" during cooking). Take it out, wait a minute or so, and eat! So yummy!

90 cals, 3 net carbs (7 total, 4 g fiber), 3 g fat 13 g protein!

Replies

• Hrl1993
    Options
    Nobody likes peanut butter cookies?!

Bump :(
  • megtastic80
    Options
    I was thinking they sounded great! Just not sure they fit into my diet... :(
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Is the fiber powder necessary? It sounds really yummy, so I'm going to try it tomorrow without the fiber. Thanks!
  • Hrl1993
    Options
    marie Hmmm I don't think the fiber powder is totally necessary, maybe add a little extra of the protein powder so it's not too liquidy :) Give it a shot! Let me know how it works :)
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Ok, I made it without the fiber powder. I used 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (about 2 T) and 1 t each PB and Greek yogurt. I started out with 1/2 t PB, but it needed more. I also added some chocolate chips to mine :) It came out pretty good, It was kinda dry and crumble-y, so I might try adding some applesauce next time.
    IMAG0407_zps8457a94a.jpg

Ugh, sorry the dang pic is so freakin' massive. It's not letting me resize it right now.
  • Hrl1993
    Options
    Ok, I made it without the fiber powder. I used 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (about 2 T) and 1 t each PB and Greek yogurt. I started out with 1/2 t PB, but it needed more. I also added some chocolate chips to mine :) It came out pretty good, It was kinda dry and crumble-y, so I might try adding some applesauce next time.
    IMAG0407_zps8457a94a.jpg

Ugh, sorry the dang pic is so freakin' massive. It's not letting me resize it right now.

Yum! Yeah I forgot to mention it's a little dry lol I guess that's what happens when you have very little fat. Adding applesauce would definitely be a good idea!
  • Suek751
    Options
    This cookie was great and filling. I didn't use the fiber and added some stevia.
  • fragrantair
    Options
    Mmm cookies :D I will make these tomorrow, thanks!
  • SG_Diary
    SG_Diary Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!! Will be making this :D Thanks x
  • babyshekamoo
    babyshekamoo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I just made these and they are great. A little dry but very filling. I used the oven as we don't have a microwave. I put them in for about 7-8 minutes on 350.
  • bageroh
    Options
    Any pictures? (other than the 1 above)
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Try replacing the fiber with ground flax meal. It should help decrease the crumbliness.