What protein powder do you use?

Options
Just wondering what others use to get extra protein....like shakes/powder/etc. What has the less calories and tastes decent!

Replies

• PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Me and my partner use My Protein and buy the shakes. He buys Impact Whey and I buy Elle True Diet.
    He loves the chocolate flavour the best and I think it's quite nice but I only tried the Strawberry one because that's all they had at the time. Just ordered the Vanilla one but haven't tried it yet.
    It mixes well.

(according to MFP)
    Impact Whey Protein - 25g = 98 cals.
    Elle True Diet - 25g = 108 cals.

Just realised that the "diet" has more cals in than the impact whey but hey ho! :)
  • Tracytxray
    Options
    Thanks Phoenix! I will have to check that out!
  • bcklee
    bcklee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kerriotto
    Options
    I use Visalus (I don't sell it- just buy it). It tastes like cake batter.
    I mix it with my oatmeal and some peanut butter.

After a workout, I'll have a pre made Muscle Milk, just for the ease of it.
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    QNT Metapure - Zero Carb Whey Protein Isolate - Lactose Free, Aspartame Free, Vanilla Flavour, available from all GNC Stores. It is the purest form of protein currently available on the market and it tastes great!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I use Muscle Maxx Vanilla from Walmart. 125 cals a scoop... tastes really good and can be mixed in so many different ways.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I like Spiru-tein vanilla. It's vegan (I've gone vegan in the past) and I like the taste.
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    PhD Diet Whey or Phd Pharma Why HT+, all flavours in both types are good.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Just started on Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey because I was walking out of my health club and noticed they were selling it at 50% off.

24g
    120 cal.
  • mswize
    mswize Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Tera's Whey blueberry. It mixes easily with water!
  • khackey
    khackey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying organic Hemp Protein powder of late
  • Lily26Wal
    Options
    PhD Diet Whey or Phd Pharma Why HT+, all flavours in both types are good.

same!!!! its the only stuff that tastes decent plus the bars are great too! the phd pharma whey actually taste like normal milkshakes!!!
  • Tracytxray
    Options
    Thanks for all of the feedback! I will look into all of these options! You guys are great!
  • katsuii
    katsuii Posts: 24
    Options
    I use Bodybuilding.com's brand in Chocolate.
    It tastes great! One of the only brands I have tried that I could actually enjoy eating/drinking.
    I use it as a meal replacement in the morning and also after working out.

150 cal
    25g protein
  • CPWash
    CPWash Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I too use Spiru-tein (99 cals per scoop) and mix with a scoop of Garden of Life Perfect Super Green Formula (30 calories per scoop). The Super Green Formula has to be bleneded really really juice for me to be able to find it palatable. That is why I mix it with Spiru-tein (strawberry). I use reduced sugar orange juice (50 cals per 8oz), water and apple juice to balance the taste. It reminds me of bolthouse green machine, only with less sugar. If I use two scoops of super green and 2 scoops of Spiru-tein, I simply mix in a 32 oz jar and shake. It may not seem to mix well immediately, but will after it sits for a while (about 1 hour).
  • ifontaine
    ifontaine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried EAS in the past, but I couldn't get it down.

Now, I'm using Advocare Meal Replacement Shake - Vanilla flavor. Maybe not what you're looking for...