60 yrs old 100 lbs to lose

Options
am 60 yr old wm who is new here and need help to lose 100 lbs!!

Replies

• cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    hello and welcome! You have come to the right place! Lots of love and support here! Feel free to add me! Best of luck!
  • lhs1965
    lhs1965 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I am 65 and have lost 36 pounds since Aug. Still a work in progress. Feel free to add me a a friend
  • fit4change
    fit4change Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Happy to help support such a worthy cause--you!! :)
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Sirref0275
    Sirref0275 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    me too!

Steve
  • Nursey318
    Nursey318 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Let's get this done! Feel free to add me.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    78yo moi would love to have another friend!
    Been rather "plateaud" for far too long but not for the want of trying.

All the best to you.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I started my journey at age 58 with 105 to lose. I have lost 80 so far and have 25 to go. I've done it in 6 months, and have been far from "perfect" every day. Just stay consistent and do three things: 1) Eat less 2) Eat better and 3) Exercise more. It isn't the easiest thing in the world, but you don't have to overthink it.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking control of your life! You've come to the right place. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    Congratulations in making the decision to join mfp. This is a tool to help motivate you throughout your journey. Make 2013 a better year for you! Feel free to add me.
  • shirleycooke35
    Options
    I am 78 next month and have lost 10 lbs since Christmas Eve. You're never too old to try! I need to lose 70 lbs in total.
    You've done the right thing joining MFP!
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi ... I'm Katie. This is my tenth day on MFP. I can't believe how much I have learned about eating and living healthy. This morning I began lifting heavy because not only do I want to lose weight, I want to tone up my body and regain my muscle mass. Feel free to add me to your friends list. Oh, by the way, I'll be 67 next month.

Katie
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 62 and joined MFP last Memorial Day, coming up on two years now. I lost at a rate of a little over a pounds a week on average. I eat back my exercise calories and keep pretty active. I went from 230 to 164, but gained back a bit when I retired. I'm working on losing another 20 pounds just now. :wink:
  • terinielsen9
    Options
    I AM 51 , I TOO NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS . I JUST STARTED YESTERDAY . YOU CAN DO IT . ADD ME IF YOU WANT. WE CAN CHALLENGE EACH OTHER TO STAY ON TRACK .. I HAVE TO DO THIS FOR ME , I WILL DO THIS FOR ME !
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    It can be done I started in May 2008 at 60 I will be 65 in 2 weeks and am working on my SECOND 100 pounds off, focus on the next few pounds and make your changes get your exercise started and dont give up. You will have good days and bad but if you stick with it one day you will post your sucess story here
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! My favorite quote ever....

"You’re never too old, never too bad, never too late and never too sick to start from the scratch once again." Bikram Choudhury

Feel free to add me!
  • Lakeswoman
    Lakeswoman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is the BEST place. I'm 63, joined last Feb but never got started til April. I've lost 43 pounds in a little over 6 months. ,,would like to lose 10 more and will get there. Please add me.
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It can be done I started in May 2008 at 60 I will be 65 in 2 weeks and am working on my SECOND 100 pounds off, focus on the next few pounds and make your changes get your exercise started and dont give up. You will have good days and bad but if you stick with it one day you will post your sucess story here

Great job ... your efforts have certainly paid off!
    Katie
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 50 later this year and started Mfp July 1 last year.
    I've lost 68 pounds so far
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Look at you making friends to help you with your goal :drinker: You're doing great keep it up my friend :flowerforyou:
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like. Good luck, you can do it!