My final and hopefully successful attempt to lose weight

Options
:bigsmile:

Enough yo yo dieting! I'm healthy and 52 but unless I drop this weight I won't be healthy any longer. Looking forward to the valued support of this site.

Replies

• fit4change
    fit4change Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and in the same boat! This is the time for a meaningful life change. You can do it!! Feel free to add me as a friend!! :)
  • jmacavoy
    jmacavoy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 next year and need to get to my goal weight and stay there. I agree with you, no more yo yo dieting.
  • Nursey318
    Nursey318 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 48. We can all row this boat together. Feel free to add me
  • llgarcia65
    Options
    I'm 47 and feeling the same way, always do good for a few weeks and then slip back into bad habits. Just recently started all this again hoping it works this time, but that is all up to me and my will power.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to your "finals" ... :laugh:

I've been saying the same for years now altho' it does make a difference on how much you weigh to begin with.
    I started my final weight loss regime in 2010 and am still struggling to get the last 3stone (42lb) off and being only 4'11" tall that's far too much and being 78 doesn't bode well either.
    So at 42 and 52 is an ideal time to make sure this is your finals as after that it does become much more difficult!

All the very best to both of you! .. :drinker:
  • LisaAvasNana
    LisaAvasNana Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'll be 49 in 12 days. I'm planning on making this my new eating habit. Counting calories has always worked for me in the past then when I stop the weight comes back plus some. I have a 15 month old grand daughter and if I want to be around to play with her see her grow up I need to change now. Feel free to add me.

We're on this journey together.
    Lisa
  • Jfrerichs
    Jfrerichs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and realizing just how cruel the 40s can be in terms of weight loss. It takes a lot more effort and determination and sometimes I have to dig really deep to find the drive to do what I need to do. Support is key...add me if you want - we can all do this together.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Well done for trying but I think you should change one aspect of your attitude:

"Final"

So if you fail this time, you're just going to give up on your dreams and goals? Did Martin Lurther King give up? Did Ghandi give up? Did Malcolm X give up?

Don't be a quitter
  • dancetrix
    dancetrix Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    she's not being a quitter, she's simply emphasizing the importance of losing weight is to her this time.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    she's not being a quitter, she's simply emphasizing the importance of losing weight is to her this time.

Exactly ... well said!