Peanut butter and Cadbury Creme Egg toasted sandwich?

Options
Oishii
Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
Just looking for yummy toasted sandwich ideas, after a great breakfast this morning of a peanut butter and Cadbury Creme Egg toasted sandwich. Old favourites of mine are:

Peanut butter and dried apricot (smells bad, tastes good)
Cream cheese, raisin and cinnamon (like a cheesecake)
Smarties (like M&Ms, and the colour leaks into the bread)

Any more ideas?

Replies

• BelleEns
    BelleEns Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it that this thread is on a fitness and weight loss board :laugh:

Like Elvis, I adore peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Unfortunately, this means that I look a bit like Elvis when he'd eaten a few of those yummy butties.
  • mellymclaughlin
    Options
    Creme Egg toastie sounds bloody incredible.
  • DollyPocket
    DollyPocket Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How do you put creme egg in a toastie? do you break it up and spread it?
    I look forward to creme egg season every Easter!! :)
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    old favorites?? anything too high in calories to even THINK about logging.. and just eating. no weighing or measuring, just eating.
  • cgirly
    cgirly Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Extra mature 'crunchy' cheddar cheese and apricot jam
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Seriously, this thread makes me dry heave.

I've never heard of anything so vile as creme egg in a toastie. Then again I think creme egss are revolting. My husband and step daughter on the other hand loves them. Even watching people eat them makes me feel queasy, it's that white fondant stuff. Ewwwww!

Personally I can find much more fun ways of eating a THIRD of my daily sugar allowance. This would be based on a 2000 calorie a day diet, most of us here are on a lot less so it would probably be closed to a half of of sugar allowance. :-/

Now Nutella on toast...... this I can do.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to a peanut butter and golden syrup combo. :blushing: Never tried it hot though.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    PB, banana, and honey sandwich. Yum!
  • Oishii
    Options
    I should have read these before I went shopping so that I bought bananas!

I chopped the egg up and placed the bits near the middle of the sandwich. The egg had been in the fridge so the chocolate didn't melt all that much when the bread was perfect, which made it a very tidy meal. I used a Toasta bag rather than a sandwich maker, because we don't have space for one.

Calorie-wise, it was probably within my normal 600-700kcal range. I'm not tracking right now (early days of pregnancy, so I'd rather not restrict myself in any way), but I was hungry around 12 as normal, so I'm guessing around there.

Personally, unless I'm bed-ridden, I don't plan on eating under 2000kcal ever again. I can lose on more than that, so there will always be room in my diary for the occasional indulgence like this.
  • dominoid747
    dominoid747 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How do you put creme egg in a toastie? do you break it up and spread it?
    I look forward to creme egg season every Easter!! :)

I'd like to know this too. Sounds bloody lovely.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I'm more inclined to savoury toasties. Mature cheddar and lime pickle is lovely. Cheese and banana is also nice.
  • Oishii
    Options
    I'm liking the cheese/ fruity combos :)
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love 2 slices of peanut butter on toast with cheese on top.
    One melted, one not.
    But as i'm on a 1200 calories a day, that's simply never gonna happen.
    Peanut butter would NEVER fit in my calories.
    Shame really, i think i'd rather find all food revolting, then think about what i can't have.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Just looking for yummy toasted sandwich ideas, after a great breakfast this morning of a peanut butter and Cadbury Creme Egg toasted sandwich. Old favourites of mine are:

Peanut butter and dried apricot (smells bad, tastes good)
    Cream cheese, raisin and cinnamon (like a cheesecake)
    Smarties (like M&Ms, and the colour leaks into the bread)

Any more ideas?

I could do peanut butter and dried apricot--maybe, or cream cheese, raisin and cinnamon even sounds good, but peanut butter and CADBURY CREME EGGS ON TOAST??!! :noway: :sick: Makes me nauseous to even think about it.
  • kiiiwade
    Options
    Granny smith apple and smoked gouda!!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and mayo sandwiches
    Peanut butter and nutella sandwiches
    Bread toasted with colby jack or muenster cheese (heck do both...they're both fabulous)
    I've done bread toasted with colby jack and real bacon bits. That's remarkably good.
    BLT's
  • carolineire
    carolineire Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    * a peanut butter and Cadbury Creme Egg toasted sandwich*

I just threw up a little in my mouth...ewwwwww! :)
  • jesekelynne
    Options
    Peanut Butter & Co. Bees Knees peanut butter and bacon!
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I gotta admint, if I could eat bread I would try a cadbury cream egg sandwich. I really would.

One of my favorites used to be peanut butter and honey. Mmmm. But it was only good if I was going to eat it right away, otherwise the honey would absorb into the bread and become gross.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I gotta admint, if I could eat bread I would try a cadbury cream egg sandwich. I really would.

One of my favorites used to be peanut butter and honey. Mmmm. But it was only good if I was going to eat it right away, otherwise the honey would absorb into the bread and become gross.

Nothing like that stiff bread feel on the tongue. Yuck.