drinking and the munchies

Options
Well having had no wine for 11days, yesterday I had a glass which turned into a bottle!!! I then took the munchies and ate a load of rubbish, went way over my cals and was quite disgusted with myself!!!! straight back on today, but the moral of the tale, if you want to stick to your regime, do not drink, or have great will power. I personaly am going to stop drinking altogether.

Replies

• liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I drink, and never get "munchies". If I do I just snack on veggies. But usually when I'm done drinking, I just go to sleep. Have a snack before you start drinking. That may help, that's what I do.
  • meldel49
    meldel49 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. Last week I did not have anything for 9 days and then went to dinner with friends and only had two drinks but when I got home I ate all sweets that had been left behind during the holidays. Somehow, the veggies don't work for me. I have tried to walk into my house and head straight upstairs but I failed. I am going to keep up this week and avoid the drinking again.
  • smoodgelly
    smoodgelly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My downfall too :( I shift between being 'in the Zone' & feeling enthused at my progress & wanting the simple pleasures of sharing a drink with husband or friends & unwinding, telling myself life's too short. Even if I DON'T eat from blood sugar dip, it still affects my weight which in turn affects my motivation. 2 steps forward, 1 step back:( Tis a tricky balance.