Man-friendly recipes

Options
Hey everyone! So, my amazing fiance has jumped on the health wagon with me! I'm looking forward to us making these life changes together. Only thing is, I need some help. My fiance isn't a fan of "diet foods", so I'm looking for ways to make the "tasty" stuff more healthy. I have stocked the freezer with ground turkey, but now I'm not too sure what to do with it. We are trying to cut out greasy, heavy foods, so I figured poultry was a good place to start. If anyone has some man-friendly recipes that aren't too costly in food or time, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• LeighVA
    Options
    Any thing that you previously made with ground beef, make it with the ground turkey. My family doesn't even know the difference. :happy:
  • JDelphiki
    JDelphiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So, my amazing fiance has jumped on the health wagon with me! I'm looking forward to us making these life changes together. Only thing is, I need some help. My fiance isn't a fan of "diet foods", so I'm looking for ways to make the "tasty" stuff more healthy. I have stocked the freezer with ground turkey, but now I'm not too sure what to do with it. We are trying to cut out greasy, heavy foods, so I figured poultry was a good place to start. If anyone has some man-friendly recipes that aren't too costly in food or time, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Is he a fan of chili? This is an old weight watchers recipe that I LOVE, it has ground turkey and tastes kinda like a chili:

http://www.food.com/recipe/weight-watchers-low-fat-taco-soup-157732
  • JDelphiki
    JDelphiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Also, a lot of my wife's favorite meals involve chicken breast. I love eating chicken and like keeping my calories low. But a lot of times I substitute a boneless, skinless thigh for a boneless, skinless breast. Has slightly higher fat content which makes things taste better.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Grilled steak. Can't go wrong with grilled steak. Throw a ribeye on a George Foreman grill or grill it outside or if worst comes to worst pan fry that puppy in some butter. Maybe throw in some onions and some spices. Good to go.

I love being low carb.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I keep homemade turkey meatballs in the freezer. They can go on pasta, make a sandwich, or in a soup.