What books you guys reading atm?

Options

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    "Join Me", by Danny Wallace. He is a British Humorist. Next up, the new David Foster Wallace Bio.
  • vanessajacka
    vanessajacka Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Started reading The girl with the dragon tattoo by Stieg Larsson, a while ago. Picked it up were I left at more than halfway done now. Good book the beginning was slow and boring but its on a roll now. I read the other comments and now I have other choices to pick from.
  • ckleczka
    ckleczka Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War/Max Brooks. Good stuff!
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher Novel) by Lee Childs
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm on a short story kick. This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz is fantastic, as is What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank by Nathan Englander. They're different, but both smart and beautifully written.
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    i' m re reading all the blackdagger brotherhood books currently on number 3 lover awakened really really good cant recommend them enough xx
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm readying a book called:

Performance Nutrition for Runner: how to fuel your body for stronger workouts, faster recovery, and your best race times ever
    By Matt Fitzgerald
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Blind Assassin By Margaret Atwood. It's interesting. It's like a novel within a novel. Different than anything I've ever read.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Emma by Jane Austin.
    Currently going through and reading a whole bunch of classics :)
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Just finished Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. Now I'm starting book one of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    I'm finishing up a Beverly Lewis series ~ 'Abram's Daughters'
  • jnicole90
    jnicole90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in Time by Richard Matheson.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm reading A Passionate Love Affair With A Complete Stranger by Lucy Robinson. Absolutely loving it. she's a new writer, it's only her 2nd book as far as I'm aware but she's so good :-)
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    "Why Zebra's Don't Get Ulcers" by Robert Sapolsky
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I've nearly finished beautiful creatures, and it is so freaking good.
    I thought i should read it before i go see it at the cinema.
    And it is totally worth a read!
    x

So funny! I never heard of this book until yesterday when my friend mentioned it!

I'm reading a series by Scott Westerfeld, "Uglies", on book two right now,Pretties. It's different!
    Must say though, if you liked the theme of the Hunger Games, you should give Divergent a read, by Veronica Roth.. So good! Waiting for the 3rd book to come out of the trilogy.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    The Perfect Health Diet (http://www.amazon.com/dp/145169914X).

It has some interesting theories on eating healthy and a lot of good information for anyone trying to control life style based illnesses like diabetes, heart disease, and hypertension.

If you don't have at least some college level biology in your past, you will need to keep Wikipedia near by. This book really delves into the science of nutrition and biochemistry. There are no recipes or meal plans.

The end result is an eating plan that falls somewhere between Paleo and The South Beach Diet. But if you like science and biology, this is a very interesting read.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Dark Tower- Drawing of the three
  • sheryle1964
    sheryle1964 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "Whiskey Rebellion: An Addison Holmes Mystery" by Liliana Hart
    love all her books :smile:
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    The Devil's Trill

Very suspenseful
  • eml48341
    eml48341 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just finished Gathering Blue and Messenger by Lois Lowery... They are follow up books to The Giver. (I am a teacher, so I read a lot of kids books/juvenile fiction)

Currently- Room by Emma Donaghue. Really great book!

The Book Thief is next on my "to read" list. I am so excited because I heard awesome things about it!